GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by youbetterbelieveit, October 01, 2010, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgael

Fancy the Ogs to win on Sunday 5/2 is nice price for the form team in Armagh this year
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

rodney trotter

Quote from: Armaghgael on October 10, 2012, 06:59:49 PM
Fancy the Ogs to win on Sunday 5/2 is nice price for the form team in Armagh this year

Ronan Clarke got injured in the Semi so will be out of action for a spell again. Had he been playing much football this year until then, if he had and was on form he would be a huge loss for Pearse Og. Think I'd back Cross regardless.

Armaghgael

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 10, 2012, 07:42:43 PM
Quote from: Armaghgael on October 10, 2012, 06:59:49 PM

Ronan Clarke got injured in the Semi so will be out of action for a spell again. Had he been playing much football this year until then, if he had and was on form he would be a huge loss for Pearse Og. Think I'd back Cross regardless.

Had played barely any football anyway. He could never play a whole game are his Achilles would swell up or something along those lines reduced to 10 minute cameos. Ogs in my book will win on Sunday 
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

yellowcard

Would not be looking past Cross on Sunday. Ogs peaked 3 yrs ago

fitzroyalty

Quote from: yellowcard on October 10, 2012, 11:24:16 PM
Nonsense. Ogs blew Granemore, Nab and Cullyhanna out of the water. They're not conceding much and are scoring loads - all more or less without R Clarke. Fair enough you can't ever discount Cross but this Ogs team looks every bit as good as they were in 09.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 10, 2012, 11:53:00 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 10, 2012, 11:24:16 PM
Nonsense. Ogs blew Granemore, Nab and Cullyhanna out of the water. They're not conceding much and are scoring loads - all more or less without R Clarke. Fair enough you can't ever discount Cross but this Ogs team looks every bit as good as they were in 09.

Should be a cracking match, no doubt there will be a few Belfast lads heading down to work out how to beat either team if we're lucky enough to meet.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

The players that cross are missing will surely have an impact on them...all backs from what i know and that reflects in the scores they have conceeded thsi year...very unlike cross. I'll take pearse ogs in the handicap

here comes 6

Warrenpoint are 1/4.  Might look like bad odds but this is as surest bet you will ever get

fitzroyalty

Cookstown last night along with Aghagallon, Warrenpoint, Swatragh, Errigal, Kilcoo, Ballinderry.

Confident enough with the first 2 games but the last four could go either way.

fitzroyalty

theticklemister

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 21, 2012, 10:14:20 PM
thanks swatragh!!! >:( >:( >:(

If ye manage to find the irish news from saturday read the pre game preview interview with the swatragh manager and then come to your own conclusion of how lacken maybe got more motivated

fitzroyalty

Quote from: theticklemister on October 22, 2012, 11:52:14 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 21, 2012, 10:14:20 PM
thanks swatragh!!! >:( >:( >:(

If ye manage to find the irish news from saturday read the pre game preview interview with the swatragh manager and then come to your own conclusion of how lacken maybe got more motivated
Ah don't tell me he was blowing away about how good they are! I made the bet on Friday though, then did some research didn't realise Lacken were Division 1 team! I hope they get a dose of the runs from a batch of bad pints in the rafters !

orangeman

Gaelic Players Association Chief Executive Dessie Farrell has warned that gambling addiction is on the increase among GAA players.

The problem has become more acute in the last six months, according to Farrell, who also claims that three inter-county players have sought help from the GPA in relation to their gambling habits.

Speaking in the Irish Independent, the former Dublin footballer added: "It's that severe and that widespread. But we're starting to ask more questions about it now. Gambling is so accessible."

"It's become a big, big problem" - Dessie FarrellHe went on: "You can have fellas on a coach going to a Championship game and they're on the iPhone, making bets. It's become a big, big problem. We're trying to get people who are dealing with these mental health/addiction issues back on their feet and give them a plan.

"But we're finding that a lot of players are on this merry-go-round, just ghosting through their lives.

They mightn't necessarily be the extreme cases where there is depression or alcohol abuse, but a lot of them are on this carousel and don't know what it is they want to do or where they want to go.

"There's this chaos in their heads and it's camouflaged by their inter-county career."

"The extreme level is where players have to engage with our counselling service. We have a network of clinical psychologists around the country, which our players can access free."

blanketattack

Castlehaven and Dr. Crokes to both win by 1-3 pts, 9/1 double

theticklemister

I have not read any local papers, is McDonnell definetly out??? Cookstown look an ok price then: 7/4