Google streetview Ireland

Started by The Real Laoislad, September 30, 2010, 10:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Yippie my House & car is on google  8)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: armaghniac on September 30, 2010, 05:34:18 PM
maps.google.ie doesn't have streetview enabled, but if you go to http://maps.google.co.uk and go to the 26 counties everything works fine.

Can anyone identify this place ?

Eh....6 Church Hill, Clones, Co. Monaghan, Ireland
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Quote from: ziggysego on September 30, 2010, 04:35:17 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 30, 2010, 04:28:24 PM
Do ya havta download the google earth yoke or its add-on to use it on maps??

Google Maps is grand.

I dont know how to use it, can someone help? I cant down load the google earth at work.

armaghniac

Puckoon you see a little man icon on the zoom slider on the left of Google maps. Just drag this man on to a road and there it is.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Puckoon

Nice. Looking at the home house here - there's no one about.

Boycey

Just knocked in a great 2 hours nosying around the town, didn't spot any cars outside houses that they shouldn't be at ;D.

Anyone able to date when it was done? Appears to be two distinct times of year in my locality. Theres a big tree outside my house and it goes from bare to full bloom in successive frames. Possibly Summer '09 and Spring this year?

Rois

Cork City was certainly done well before Oct-Dec 2009 as there's a building I was looking for that's still a building site, and the building opened in Q4 2009.

tyssam5

Quote from: Puckoon on September 30, 2010, 06:59:25 PM

Walk the wee Orange man on up to the door, there's a button to knock the door!

Tony Baloney

Welcome to the 21st century knackers.

Puckoon

Quote from: tyssam5 on September 30, 2010, 07:58:26 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on September 30, 2010, 06:59:25 PM

Walk the wee Orange man on up to the door, there's a button to knock the door!

As tolerant as the family is - I don't think the old man wants an Orangeman knocking at the door.

5 Sams

Amazing stuff alright....I'm sure google have spent a clean fortune on it...but why?? For nosey hoors like us to go up the streets we go up every day....no practical use but good fun.
The Aristocrat Years

haze

there's a bit of mystery to it aswell...... one of the roads where i'm from if you go down the road one way its Summer, but if ya go the same road in the opposite direction its Autumn!!!!!!

supersarsfields

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 30, 2010, 08:58:16 PM
Amazing stuff alright....I'm sure google have spent a clean fortune on it...but why?? For nosey hoors like us to go up the streets we go up every day....no practical use but good fun.

It comes in brave and handy for my work!! Been a life saver on a few occasions!!

Lady GAA GAA

Not like Ireland to be behind the times.

Maguire01

Quote from: haze on September 30, 2010, 09:30:28 PM
there's a bit of mystery to it aswell...... one of the roads where i'm from if you go down the road one way its Summer, but if ya go the same road in the opposite direction its Autumn!!!!!!
Yep - i've just checked a few towns and different streets have been filmed at different times.