Google streetview Ireland

Started by The Real Laoislad, September 30, 2010, 10:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 30, 2010, 09:58:43 PM
Quote from: haze on September 30, 2010, 09:30:28 PM
there's a bit of mystery to it aswell...... one of the roads where i'm from if you go down the road one way its Summer, but if ya go the same road in the opposite direction its Autumn!!!!!!
Yep - i've just checked a few towns and different streets have been filmed at different times.

I'd imagine that it wasn't possible to photograph the entire country in the same daylight period. Only Fianna Fail could hit the entire country in one shot.
MWWSI 2017

Niall Quinn

Quote from: muppet on September 30, 2010, 11:53:49 PM
I'd imagine that it wasn't possible to photograph the entire country in the same daylight period. Only Fianna Fail could hit the entire country in one shot.
I wonder why Google didn't use mass collaboration to accomplish this. Some sort of website encouraging the great unwashed to post style-directed pictures in the wikipedia mould, would have saved a fortune on petrol and sandwiches.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 30, 2010, 11:37:23 AM
The whole country I think,all villages and towns as well as main places. I should be on it myself I was behind the Google car coming out of Dundalk or somewhere a while back

Found you

Testing Accessibility

Declan

No one at home when it passed by our place though it must have been a Tuesday as I see the local court was in operation - thank God for blurred faces!!

Boycey

This fella texted Ray Darcy show yesterday and told him he mooned the google car and it was on street view, Darcy didn't believe him so your man emailed him this morning. Classic!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Boycey on October 01, 2010, 11:11:20 AM
This fella texted Ray Darcy show yesterday and told him he mooned the google car and it was on street view, Darcy didn't believe him so your man emailed him this morning. Classic!!

He could have seen the photo and decided to claim it as him.
Testing Accessibility

Croí na hÉireann

:D It's true, exact address is 57 Ballinteer Drive, Stillorgan, Ireland
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Boycey

Quote from: ziggysego on October 01, 2010, 11:17:37 AM

He could have seen the photo and decided to claim it as him.

He told Darcy about it yesterday morning, it didn't go live til yesterday afternoon

Tyrones own

Quote from: ziggysego on October 01, 2010, 03:05:04 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 30, 2010, 11:37:23 AM
The whole country I think,all villages and towns as well as main places. I should be on it myself I was behind the Google car coming out of Dundalk or somewhere a while back

Found you

He'll probably Say Its The wife....But She Isn't Dawning The Hoop
earings So I'd Be Sceptical  :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Farrandeelin

f**k the bastards. Farrandeelin isn't on it!!!!!!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Kerry Mike

feck me they travelled some roads in Kerry even some of the roads you'd never put a car on, great photos and scenery, 
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 01, 2010, 09:36:27 PM
f**k the b**tards. Farrandeelin isn't on it!!!!!!!

Is that not you talking to white-van man?
MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 01, 2010, 11:43:50 AM

:D It's true, exact address is 57 Ballinteer Drive, Stillorgan, Ireland

The hoors have smudged it out now by the looks of things

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Ballinteer+Drive,+Dublin&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Ballinteer+Dr,+Dublin+16,+County+Dun+Laoghaire-Rathdown,+Ireland&ll=53.275505,-6.253839&spn=0.015205,0.034633&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.275571,-6.253716&panoid=Ku-I7bgsxdiQI2clNZg9qg&cbp=12,351.22,,0,17.99

johnneycool

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 30, 2010, 09:58:43 PM
Quote from: haze on September 30, 2010, 09:30:28 PM
there's a bit of mystery to it aswell...... one of the roads where i'm from if you go down the road one way its Summer, but if ya go the same road in the opposite direction its Autumn!!!!!!
Yep - i've just checked a few towns and different streets have been filmed at different times.

Can you take a JPEG or something off google maps?

Anyone know how to do it?