orange order play 'gaelic games'

Started by lawnseed, September 27, 2010, 11:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

well it seems that orangies do play gaelic games after all, following nelsons all ireland final cop out, then tom elliots whats gaa anyway boob? jim wells slabbering, gregory campbells 'british team' then drew nelsons down jerseys offend me in the bank. to me its obvious that unnionists 'play' more gaelic games than nationalists.  ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

T Fearon

J OGorman

nrico2006

I see Jackie McDonald was saying a few positive things regarding Protestants participating in the GAA.  I think he was down at the AIF too.  Makes you wonder how many token tickets are given away by the powers that be, pretty sad when you see the number of true fans who cannot get a ticket come the Final each year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

muppet

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 28, 2010, 02:07:41 PM
I see Jackie McDonald was saying a few positive things regarding Protestants participating in the GAA.  I think he was down at the AIF too.  Makes you wonder how many token tickets are given away by the powers that be, pretty sad when you see the number of true fans who cannot get a ticket come the Final each year.

Will there be 83,000 true fans when Cork play Down in the League? Or is it possible that some of these 'true fans' just show up for the latter stages?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Yes Muppet,  but there is still no escaping the fact that a fair few true fans were not among the 82,000 in Croke Park last Sunday due to inability to access tickets. True fans like me should have season tickets, they're great value for money, and assure you of tip quality seats in Croker if your County team plays there, subject to you attending 60% of the games

glens abu

Think he was in someones corporate box so nobody losing out.

ziggysego

Would you ever shut up Tony. True fans like you. You win all your tickets via competition, you constantly berate your neighbouring counties and you're forever trying to soccerify Croke Park, along with Christy.
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

That's a fair assessment of me alright Ziggy..though I still buy my season ticket as well ;D

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on September 28, 2010, 03:16:32 PM
Would you ever shut up Tony. True fans like you. You win all your tickets via competition, you constantly berate your neighbouring counties and you're forever trying to soccerify Croke Park, along with Christy.

He buys the season ticket. Then he sets up a competition, with himself as the only entrant. Then low and behold he goes and wins the competition and gives himself his own ticket as first prize. He then tells us about it.

There are rumours that he also sends himself Christmas cards, signing them with names such as Pat Jennings and Harry Redknapp among others.

*Fact - the above may not in actual fact be factual.
MWWSI 2017

Applesisapples

He's a friend of the McAleeces, working class protestants do envy the sense of belonging and community nationalists get from the GAA which no other sport really does accross social boundaries.

Trout

Quote from: glens abu on September 28, 2010, 02:52:36 PM
Think he was in someones corporate box so nobody losing out.

Shure maybe his best mate Spike Murray could get him a ticket if he is stuck the next time.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Maguire01

Do you know of many true Down fans who attended McKenna Cup and League games that couldn't get tickets for the final?

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 28, 2010, 07:01:45 PM
Do you know of many true Down fans who attended McKenna Cup and League games that couldn't get tickets for the final?

Good point Maguire - Any fans that are serious about their football are usually members of their local club, and all members of our club got the allocations they were looking - albeit through some very hard work by the committee.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

lawnseed

maybe the unnionists should form a club then they would get a ticket allocation :) wonder what they'd call themselves. any ideas ;D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once