Eoin Bradley's amended sentence

Started by T Fearon, September 27, 2010, 09:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 28, 2010, 11:58:59 AM
Just goes to show you suspensions of county players in Derry club football carry no weight whatsoever.

CCCC and referees authority is laughable at this stage, we are a law onto ourselves in Derry.

Bottom line is, if you are a Derry county player in an end of season game you are free to give a ref a 'bit of a slap' about the face. This is the precedent now set.

Derry Refs and CCCC made to look complete fools.

Edit: also mentioned Muldoon getting off with his suspension for county final but thats apparently not decided yet
But his sending off was very harsh/unfair by all/most accounts was it not?

whiskeysteve

Quote from: JMohan on September 29, 2010, 07:16:30 AM
Just goes to show you suspensions of county players in Derry club football carry no weight whatsoever.

CCCC and referees authority is laughable at this stage, we are a law onto ourselves in Derry.

Bottom line is, if you are a Derry county player in an end of season game you are free to give a ref a 'bit of a slap' about the face. This is the precedent now set.

Edit: also mentioned Muldoon getting off with his suspension for county final but thats apparently not decided yet

I am not in an impartial position to be asked that question!

But anyway, I seen the incident live and seen it a few times subsequently if you get my drift. He does not punch but he does give his man a bit of a slap (minimal strike to face). The Lavey man also dives on his arse which doesn't help Enda.

I digress, but McCloys sending off in the handbags that follow is completely undeserved as he doesn't lift a hand to anyone.

As for Enda, it really depends on how you interpret a bit of a slap. It is a harmless cuff he hit the boy but going by the interpretation of similar incidents in televised county games it is still technically a red card and minimum 4 weeks.

I would also say that Muldoon is the best footballer in Derry over the past decade and is a widely admired and respected figure with a great attitude to boot. A man of his class deserves his county finals, and if its deemed that he should get his suspension overturned, then so be it. Coleraine will have to get on with it, and i'll not be complaining.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

DuffleKing

Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 29, 2010, 02:50:01 PM
Quote from: JMohan on September 29, 2010, 07:16:30 AM

I am not in an impartial position to be asked that question!

But anyway, I seen the incident live and seen it a few times subsequently if you get my drift. He does not punch but he does give his man a bit of a slap (minimal strike to face). The Lavey man also dives on his arse which doesn't help Enda.

I digress, but McCloys sending off in the handbags that follow is completely undeserved as he doesn't lift a hand to anyone.

As for Enda, it really depends on how you interpret a bit of a slap. It is a harmless cuff he hit the boy but going by the interpretation of similar incidents in televised county games it is still technically a red card and minimum 4 weeks.

I would also say that Muldoon is the best footballer in Derry over the past decade and is a widely admired and respected figure with a great attitude to boot. A man of his class deserves his county finals, and if its deemed that he should get his suspension overturned, then so be it. Coleraine will have to get on with it, and i'll not be complaining.

That's a joke statement in any county. What about McCloy deserving his county finals?

whiskeysteve

Sure Lavey were put out, McCloys undeserved red card is a moot point.

If Lavey had got to the final, McCloy would almost certainly have had his red card overturned and quite rightly. I'd say hes prob getting it overturned anyway.

Who said McCloy was undeserving of a final? Don't know what you're on about DK.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

DuffleKing

The point is about the assertion that Muldoon would be deserving of a county final appearance because he's a good footballer, admired and has a great attitude. If a player does the crime, he serves his time and it should be an even playing field for everyone.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 29, 2010, 04:57:13 PM

The point is about the assertion that Muldoon would be deserving of a county final appearance because he's a good footballer, admired and has a great attitude. If a player does the crime, he serves his time and it should be an even playing field for everyone.

I agree, I was speaking about his appearance in county finals in general, I didn't mean to imply that his attitude and service through the years should be a mitigating factor in his suspension. In this case I would say his red card is valid, but sure we'll see what the upshot of tonights appeal is soon enough.

JMohan

whiskeysteve

AlriteHorse

Who you going for this weekend Whiskey? lol. finally managed to get back on the board here after a 2/3 year absence. had to change my name but. Bit of a joke all this craic with suspensions etc. Making Derry Club Football look a complete farce.......bit of a disgrace saying Club football in derry is one of the best in Ireland!
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

Donkeywalloper

Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 30, 2010, 11:50:10 AM
Red card rescinded.

Suprise suprise. Rumour has it that Babara Windsor will be running for a Derry county board position at next convention as she feels she would be making a move to a much more superior soap opera.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Donkeywalloper on September 30, 2010, 12:56:28 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 30, 2010, 11:50:10 AM
Red card rescinded.

Suprise suprise. Rumour has it that Babara Windsor will be running for a Derry county board position at next convention as she feels she would be making a move to a much more superior soap opera.
From what I can see the Derry Co Board followed correct procedures in these cases. The CCC issued suspensions based on the Ref's report and the players sought personal hearings. This happens in all counties all the time. The Derry County Board appoint the CCC and the Hearings committee but that's where it ends it is up to the members of these committees to then apply the rules as they see fit. As I have previously stated in Bradley's case it would appear that the Referee must have clarified what actually happened otherwise the hearings committee would not have downgraded the suspension, I say that because to my knowledge no TV footage was used as evidence, either that or independant and reliable witnesses were able to verify the nature of the offence as lesser than originally indicated by the Referee.

In Muldoon and McCloy's case it would appear that TV was used and as a result the red cards were rescinded.

This is proper and fair procedure, on the basis of the evidence in the Public Domain. to accuse the County Board you must be able to prove that the Ref stood by his report in both cases and/or that witnesses lied and that the County Board put pressure on the hearings committee.... if you can prove that the Irish News would pay you good money.

I think that the rideculing of the Derry County Board particularly from those outside the County is unwarranted. For those inside as the Banty case proves clubs have the ultimate power to change the way things are done.