CONNACHT CLUB FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Started by Shrewdness, September 26, 2010, 07:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

FT St Brigids 0-21  Eastern Harps 0-4 Great win for the Rossies! some performance  :o & back to the drawing board for the Sligo boys I'm afraid
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

spuds

Quote from: ross4life on October 17, 2010, 03:55:44 PM
FT St Brigids 0-21  Eastern Harps 0-4 Great win for the Rossies! some performance  :o & back to the drawing board for the Sligo boys I'm afraid

Expected win but that was some drubbing. Hard to see past the Ross and Galway champs now, Mayo reps will be very inexperienced by comparison.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ross4life

Hard to tell yet! next up Glencar-Manorhamilton Sunday, 7th Nov 2010 in Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada & My one worry for Brigids would be complacency after a result like this!

as for Harps what happened i was expecting better!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

f**king disgrace, shows how shite our club championship is...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

GalwayBayBoy

Galway county final

Corofin 1-7 Killererin 1-10

ross4life

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 17, 2010, 06:27:56 PM
Galway county final

That's a bit of a shock any report?

I guess Joyce had a big say in the win

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on October 17, 2010, 06:36:42 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 17, 2010, 06:27:56 PM
Galway county final

That's a bit of a shock any report?

I guess Joyce had a big say in the win

Think he got 0-3 alright but Nicky scored 1-5.

Bogball XV

Quote from: ross4life on September 27, 2010, 05:58:20 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on September 27, 2010, 02:45:02 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 26, 2010, 08:19:46 PM
It will take a good team to beat Harps, i think both Harps and Brigids are evenly matched, both have experienced reliable free takers in dolan and taylor, midfield mannion v tony taylor, dolan v donovan, p taylor v domican, should make for interesting match ups. Harps also have Paul McGovern who is flying at the min but Harps are the masters of team effort. Brigids prob the favs with home advantage. Best of luck to Harps.
Have Sligo club teams not got an appalling record in Connacht? 

St. Mary's had an excellent team won a couple of connachts in the 70s 80s
And their appalling run continues - how can a club from a county with a decent senior side go out and get beat by that scoreline?  Do they just not try??

ludermor

it really is feast or famine with some lads, how can you go from saying this
Quote from:  link=topic=17495.msg867480#msg867480 date=1287351217

It will take a good team to beat Harps, i think both Harps and Brigids are evenly matched, both have experienced reliable free takers in dolan and taylor, midfield mannion v tony taylor, dolan v donovan, p taylor v domican, should make for interesting match ups. Harps also have Paul McGovern who is flying at the min but Harps are the masters of team effort. Brigids prob the favs with home advantage. Best of luck to Harps.

to calling them a disgrace and then tarring the entire league.

ross4life

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 17, 2010, 10:33:37 PM
Quote from: ross4life on September 27, 2010, 05:58:20 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on September 27, 2010, 02:45:02 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 26, 2010, 08:19:46 PM
Have Sligo club teams not got an appalling record in Connacht? 

St. Mary's had an excellent team won a couple of connachts in the 70s 80s
And their appalling run continues - how can a club from a county with a decent senior side go out and get beat by that scoreline?  Do they just not try??

To be fair today's result can happen in any type of grade/level & i remember St Brigids giving the Galway champs a good beating a couple of years ago, it remains to be seen how good this Brigids team are... though they have huge potential

muppet

Was there an early sending off or something?

0-21 to 0-4 there must be a story there somewhere.
MWWSI 2017

PadraicHenryPearse

Brigids have won 8 or 9 under 21 CO. Championships in a row. They are a quality team. I think a lot of stronger players have returned from injury and travelling and apprently they are very hungry for succuss after 2 years of castlerea as champions

Bogball XV

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on October 17, 2010, 11:18:15 PM
Brigids have won 8 or 9 under 21 CO. Championships in a row. They are a quality team. I think a lot of stronger players have returned from injury and travelling and apprently they are very hungry for succuss after 2 years of castlerea as champions
doesn't explain it for me - the only thing explaining that is a complete lack of effort, maybe they had a bad start and just said fcuk it lads, we'll be on the beer the night anyway.

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on October 17, 2010, 11:12:01 PM
Was there an early sending off or something?

0-21 to 0-4 there must be a story there somewhere.

No story just one of those day's for Sligo football again http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/0724/sligo_down.html

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ludermor on October 17, 2010, 11:00:10 PM
it really is feast or famine with some lads, how can you go from saying this
Quote from:  link=topic=17495.msg867480#msg867480 date=1287351217

to calling them a disgrace and then tarring the entire league.
17pt defeat is a disgrace for a team like Harps with experience, who have been in connacht finals, and sligo champions several times, they looked good in our championship which completely deceived me and most Sligo people. My expectations or my Inbetween for today would of been Harps getting beat but giving it everything and maybe losing by 1-5 pts not this. This is shite. Not for one minute am i trying to demean Brigids either they are obviously brilliant side and god luck to them, what must Glencar/Manor be thinking :-\.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"