Players you would / wouldn't begrudge an All Ireland

Started by tyroneman, September 26, 2010, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sionnach

Quote from: clubland on September 26, 2010, 08:41:53 PM
John shortie trainor, dan shananhan,geoff mcgonigle,shane ryan, wouldn't like to see,sean martin lockhart,terrible club man,liam winker watson,tagh kenelly, benny tierney,2 bradleys,3 mcgourtys, to name a few

Who's "tagh kenelly"?   ;D Tadhg Kennelly already has one...

ONeill

Why would anyone begrudge someone an All-Ireland? Surely that speaks volumes for the begrudger.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ONeill on September 26, 2010, 10:52:27 PM
Why would anyone begrudge someone an All-Ireland?
I wouldn't even begrudge an All-Ireland for a Tyronie  :)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 26, 2010, 06:48:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 26, 2010, 02:11:47 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on September 26, 2010, 01:47:09 PM
Hurling, as Cnoc Sion agus Port Lairge-Tony Browne

Good call.

Other class acts who deserve to win/have won the Celtic Cross:

Ones for the future: Ronan O'Neill, Cillian O'Connor........

Plenty of time: Micheal Meehan, Bernard Brogan, Joe Canning, Michael Murphy, Keith Higgins;

Running out of time: John Mullane, Ken McGrath, Eamon O'Hara, Alan Brogan, Johnny Doyle, Dermot Early, Alan Dillon;

Good enough to have won one: Ciaran Carey, Liam McHale, Ciaran McDonald, Dermot McCabe, Paddy Bradley;

and this is where Muppet tells us all why Cillian O'Connor, an 18 year old DESERVES to win an All Ireland Medal.

He has an awful lot to prove as a footballer. Yes, he was a very impressive minor, but where's the proof that he will deserve an All Ireland Medal ???

However, real Mayo legends who in my opinion definitely deserved All Ireland Medals were James Nallen and Ciaran Mc Donald.

No opinion can ever be proven. It is merely opinion, no one is suggesting there is proof of anything.

I suggested two minors that I think we will see again in the near future and you choose to ridicule my choice of one of them. That says a lot about you but you are entitled to your opinion.

Two years ago those names would have been Kyle Coney and Aiden O'Se. I still think we will see a lot of those two as well.

MWWSI 2017

nrico2006

A while lot of talk focuses on these players who deserve an All Ireland etc, surely when you look at it like that you could say every players deserves one due to the fact that they all put the effort in, train hard and play.  Usually, the players who derserve one get one. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J OGorman

some boys needy wise up, esp the topic starter. how can ye begrudge (ireland's favourite pastime by the way) anyone an all-ireland? I'd wager the folks begrudging anyone an all-ireland play very little themselves. for if they did, and knew the effort and sacrifice these men put in you wouldnt be begrudging anyone.

as for listing names, ffs, we all give out about the media to a greater or lesser extent, yet we form opinions on players we don't personally know through the media. As a Derry man, I wouldnt dream of begrudging, for example, a single Tyrone footballer a winners medal, how in the hell could I? I love watching & playing the sport, and any man who has the talent and fierce drive to make it onto any county team , well fair fcuks to them cause they make watching the game at the highest level a real privilege

I love Mondays

...and breathe

Puckoon

Quote from: J OGorman on September 27, 2010, 10:58:54 AM
some boys needy wise up, esp the topic starter. how can ye begrudge (ireland's favourite pastime by the way) anyone an all-ireland? I'd wager the folks begrudging anyone an all-ireland play very little themselves. for if they did, and knew the effort and sacrifice these men put in you wouldnt be begrudging anyone.

as for listing names, ffs, we all give out about the media to a greater or lesser extent, yet we form opinions on players we don't personally know through the media. As a Derry man, I wouldnt dream of begrudging, for example, a single Tyrone footballer a winners medal, how in the hell could I? I love watching & playing the sport, and any man who has the talent and fierce drive to make it onto any county team , well fair fcuks to them cause they make watching the game at the highest level a real privilege

I love Mondays

...and breathe

Sure you answered your own question.

J OGorman

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 26, 2010, 03:13:39 PM
Quote from: ApresMatch on September 26, 2010, 01:34:53 PM
Just know what hes given to the Down cause, and doesnt get credit for it. As I said as a Down man id like to see it.

Not Eamon O'Hara, gd nuff player,but dont like his soccer-like verbals he gets into and general arrogance.

We in Sligo remember the nfl game in 2008 where O Hara subjected to hateful taunts from the home support in Newry. Can you back up the soccer like verbals comment?

O Hara takes alot of abuse from opposition teams over the yrs, and only a handful of times hes reacted, yes he is human. An absolute legend.

Do you want to tell the people here what O Hara got up to after the county final yesterday?