young footballer of the year????

Started by swing-er-over, September 21, 2010, 08:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Pardon my ignorance here but who is Peter Kelly??

Orangemac

Agree with previous posters. Young player of the year is treated as an additional All Star so that would rule out Clarke.

Would McComiskey be in with a shout? Seemed to really thrive when he got to Croke Park.

thewobbler

He's my wife's uncle.

Probably not relevant here though.

For anyone suggesting Down players, the only under-21 who played in this year's Championship is Darren O'Hagan, who never featured in Croke at all.

BennyHarp

I think there should be an award for minor footballer if the year! Some excellent players on show during the closing stages of the championship and it would be nice if they were acknowledged at the all star awards!
That was never a square ball!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2010, 10:12:18 PM

Corner back on the Sunday Game team of the year - that will probably rule him out so!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Orangemac

Great idea Benny Harp. Maybe even a whole minor set of All Stars.

Why not give some of the young lads a bit of glory? They have provided some great games this year.

Two Hands FFS

Do you not have to be in your first year of senior intercounty football or hurling to be in the running? I thought this was the case...maybe I'm wrong.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2010, 10:12:18 PM

I might as well not exist...
#newbridgeornowhere

blanketattack

It's for players in their first full year.
No real definition for what constitutes a full year though.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

bcarrier

Clarke qualifies then.

There will be a quota for Down men on the all stars so Id give it to Clarke, leave him off the all stars and let Coulter have the All Star award he deserves .

orangeman

I thought Rory O'Carroll had a great year and would be in with a big shout for it.

ross4life

Yes he was also excellent at under 21 level his one & only blemish all year was the Meath game
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

rosnarun

Alan Freeman had a great championship considering mayo were disappointing.
other than that Aidan walsh has to be favorite he gre on the big day . unlike the disappointing  ExPro
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Bitta-Banter

Top nominee's in my opinion:
Rory O'Carrol - Great year at full back for the Dubs, after the Meath game particularly.
Aidan Walsh - Wonderful AIF performance against a strong Down midfield, MOM i thought
Ciaran Sheehan - Consistant performances throughout, played very well in AIF