young footballer of the year????

Started by swing-er-over, September 21, 2010, 08:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swing-er-over

aidan walsh perhaps? any other suggestions

norabeag

ross4life

Donal Shine & what age bracket is the young player of the year?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

swing-er-over

imtommygunn

Sheehan. Youngest - and one of the best - players on view sunday.

norabeag

Quote from: swing-er-over on September 21, 2010, 08:44:28 PM
u21 i think.....rules out clarke
Apologies
Did not realise there was U 21 rule. Thought him McKernan and Walsh were much of a muchness agewise.
Not sure about Shine on the basis of 1 maybe 1 1/2 matches

ross4life

More than one or two games; only Doyle,Brogan & Goulding scored more than Shine this year
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ross4life

O Carroll Dublin did well after the Meath game, deserves a mention

INDIANA

ross4life

BarryBreensBandage

McKernan-for the first half of the AIF & semi final display
Walsh- for the AIF

Walsh deserves it overall - powerful display when it really mattered.

Congratulations to Cork
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

imtommygunn

The pattern seems to be if they get an all star then they don't get young player of year or vice versa...

Clarke should get an all star so don't think he'll be getting it. Honestly think Sheehan should get it. Looked a class act Sunday - so string for someone so young.

INDIANA

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2010, 09:47:27 PM
The pattern seems to be if they get an all star then they don't get young player of year or vice versa...

Clarke should get an all star so don't think he'll be getting it. Honestly think Sheehan should get it. Looked a class act Sunday - so string for someone so young.

aiden walsh for me. To dominate the most physically demanding position in the sport at 19 in an all-ireland final is simply unheard of.

DuffleKing