Father charged with murder of son in Armagh

Started by Puckoon, September 17, 2010, 05:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Was reading about this mans murder earlier this week and just saw this headline - WTF is going on here? Winking at the family as he was led into the courtroom - and the evidence consists of a shoe print?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11338231

Father of Kevin Fletcher charged with his murder   The body of Kevin Fletcher was found in his apartment where he lived alone A 60-year-old man has appeared in court charged with murdering his son.

Kevin Fletcher, 32, was found dead at his flat in Castle Street, Armagh, on 3 September. Police said he had been stabbed to death in a "frenzied attack".

His father, also called Kevin, of Drumarg Park, Armagh, spoke only to confirm his name and to say he understood the charges.

He was released on bail to appear in court again later this month.

The accused's wife, daughter and other family members were in court, and he winked and smiled at them as he entered the dock.

The court heard the main evidence against him consisted of a shoe print which corresponds to the size and type worn by the accused, but police investigations were ongoing.

The Iceman

Funny that there are no comments on this one Puck - a real tragedy to hear of any death be it an accident or murder.
There's more to this one that meets the eye no doubt and it will all come out I'm sure over the course of the trial........
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

el_cuervo_fc

There are plenty of stories about it round Armagh at the minute.  Some mental stuff

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on September 17, 2010, 05:04:12 PM

Was reading about this mans murder earlier this week and just saw this headline - WTF is going on here? Winking at the family as he was led into the courtroom - and the evidence consists of a shoe print?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11338231

Father of Kevin Fletcher charged with his murder   The body of Kevin Fletcher was found in his apartment where he lived alone A 60-year-old man has appeared in court charged with murdering his son.

Kevin Fletcher, 32, was found dead at his flat in Castle Street, Armagh, on 3 September. Police said he had been stabbed to death in a "frenzied attack".

His father, also called Kevin, of Drumarg Park, Armagh, spoke only to confirm his name and to say he understood the charges.

He was released on bail to appear in court again later this month.

The accused's wife, daughter and other family members were in court, and he winked and smiled at them as he entered the dock.

The court heard the main evidence against him consisted of a shoe print which corresponds to the size and type worn by the accused, but police investigations were ongoing.

That's all very weird....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

News report said that he was vulnerable.

Something going on here. Winking and smiling to the family and the cops openly admit they've no forensics ???

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight