If Cork Win

Started by Keepthefaith93, September 17, 2010, 01:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I don't think Canty would suit Clarke at all. Clarke will drift around and try to pull the strings. I think you need a dedicated man marker for him. I think Anthony Lynch would do a job on him if he were fit.

I think Canty likes to hold the middle.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: our_fella on September 17, 2010, 02:50:45 PM
For you's lovely people who want to see the Armagh v Tyrone trilogy, found it on tg4
http://beo.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=sport

No thanks. Maybe the 2005 semi-final, that was decent enough. But I'd rather have my remaining few teeth pulled out than sit through the 2003 final again.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2010, 02:50:58 PM
I don't think Canty would suit Clarke at all. Clarke will drift around and try to pull the strings. I think you need a dedicated man marker for him. I think Anthony Lynch would do a job on him if he were fit.

I think Canty likes to hold the middle.

+1 - I think this will be critical to the outcome on Sunday. Will be fascinating to see Counihan's solution to the Clarke problem. Assuming Clarke doesn't freeze on the day, of course.

brokencrossbar1

The only real mental fragility this cork team have is due to kerry.  they will not have any mental issues about playing down.  If anything if the two teams are close going into the last 10 minutes I would favour coirk rather than down as they have a stronger squad and I felt that in the last 5 minutes against kildare dpwn wilted ands would have lost if there had been a few more minutes, and kildare had a bit more composure.

our_fella

On that armagh video, betwen 10.30-10.50, is what lost armagh that final. Jordan the scum

jas376

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on September 17, 2010, 02:48:41 PM

AZ, what do you reckon about the Canty factor? Would you reckon that it's risky putting a not-100% Canty on Marty Clarke?

Canty won't be near Clarke on Sunday. Expect Cadogan or Shields to shadow Clarke (maybe Miskella for a while if he comes on.) I can't see Canty play at centre -back at all - I don't think that he has the legs for that position presently. If Canty  plays, it may be at full-back to release Shields to centre- back or else to folllow Clarke. It's more likely that Cadogan will start on Clarke, though.

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: balladmaker on September 17, 2010, 01:21:25 PM
I believe Down will beat them, and can't believe that bookies are giving almost 2-1 on Down at the minute!  People say wait until Cork hit gear...who knows if they have a gear to hit.

The pressure is on Cork, given their recent final failures, Down have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Watched the TG4 show last night about the Armagh v Tyrone rivalry over the past 10 years, brought back some immense games and way better than anything we have seen this year.

are you well? this year has been the best in a long long time regarding quality and entertaining matches

Chris agus Snoop

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on September 17, 2010, 01:17:59 PM
If Cork win on Sunday i believe it will be a travesty for football. I don't think I have ever been so underwhelmed by a team that has made it to an All Ireland final.
The Mexican pundits where very quick to pick faults with Tyrone and Armagh disgracefully labelling what they played as puke football, well give me the so called puke of football Tyrone & Armagh played anyday of the week over the boring, pathetic shite to watch type of football that this current Cork team play.

Hopefully Down do everybody in the country a favour and beat this mind numbingly boring team on Sunday.

You haven't much of a clue do ya boy? ~If want you want good football talk to Limerick or Dublin or Kerry  who insist on packing their defense. Cork put up a record croker score against Donegal last year of 27 points and 1-9 in 20 minutes v Tyrone before a man was sent off. They'd be doing the same this year if teams played them 15 vs 15, but counties are  emulating Kerrys 2nd half spoling tactics in last years AIF.
Cork keep possetion because its stupid to kick a ball in to a forward whose double marked. If you went to a game you would see how little room Cork forwards have.

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: Chris agus Snoop on September 17, 2010, 03:41:33 PM
Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on September 17, 2010, 01:17:59 PM
If Cork win on Sunday i believe it will be a travesty for football. I don't think I have ever been so underwhelmed by a team that has made it to an All Ireland final.
The Mexican pundits where very quick to pick faults with Tyrone and Armagh disgracefully labelling what they played as puke football, well give me the so called puke of football Tyrone & Armagh played anyday of the week over the boring, pathetic shite to watch type of football that this current Cork team play.

Hopefully Down do everybody in the country a favour and beat this mind numbingly boring team on Sunday.

You haven't much of a clue do ya boy? ~If want you want good football talk to Limerick or Dublin or Kerry  who insist on packing their defense. Cork put up a record croker score against Donegal last year of 27 points and 1-9 in 20 minutes v Tyrone before a man was sent off. They'd be doing the same this year if teams played them 15 vs 15, but counties are  emulating Kerrys 2nd half spoling tactics in last years AIF.
Cork keep possetion because its stupid to kick a ball in to a forward whose double marked. If you went to a game you would see how little room Cork forwards have.
All top fowards are double marked, its up to them to make room.
How do you know how many games I be at?

Chris agus Snoop

I dont, but forwards like room, if brogan was in the cork team playing against that dublin defence he would have great difficulty. Cork hold posetion for good reason, Kerry ceded territory last year and invited cork onto them long balls didn't work. It was a hard lesson learned. If want to you blame cork for not being pleasing to your eyes, you have to look at who theyre playing against.

And dont confuse the Kerry dominated media with cork, it was Spillane and others who coined that "puke" football nonsense.

Keepthefaith93

Right Chris your a Cork man and you don't like them being ridiculed but your argument doesn't hold up.
- Brogan was brilliant against Tyrone who have the best defensive system in the country.
- Down still played good football against Kerry.

Down are big, strong, fast and fit but they have no flair,no Gooch, no Brogan, no Marty Clarke, they are a very hard team to watch, but thats only my opinion and I'm sure Cork people won't care what other people think of their style of football if they win on Sunday.

I just hope to f**k they don't. ;)

Chris agus Snoop

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on September 17, 2010, 04:41:25 PM
Right Chris your a Cork man and you don't like them being ridiculed but your argument doesn't hold up.
- Brogan was brilliant against Tyrone who have the best defensive system in the country.

Down are big, strong, fast and fit but they have no flair,no Gooch, no Brogan, no Marty Clarke, they are a very hard team to watch, but thats only my opinion and I'm sure Cork people won't care what other people think of their style of football if they win on Sunday.

That post doesn't make sense, and your arguments seem emotive rather than logical.

Chris agus Snoop

Quote from: ziggysego on September 17, 2010, 02:33:11 PM
I wouldn't like to see Cork win. It's bad enough when they go on strike, but not turning up to work after winning the All-Ireland.... doesn't bear thinking about.

Other counties still obsessed with the strike? The strikes are ancient history in cork, we're just concerned with adding to Ireland biggest trophy cabinet, 119 now in both codes maybe 121 if we're lucky by sunday evening.
How many does your county have?

andoireabu

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on September 17, 2010, 04:41:25 PM

Fairly sure he is a Down man.  Going to be interesting who marks him.  Teletext says Canty is playing CHB but i wouldn't be sure.  Think Danny Hughes will have a big say in this game.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

balladmaker

Quoteare you well? this year has been the best in a long long time regarding quality and entertaining matches

I'm very well, thanks...how's about yourself?

You must not have attended the Ulster Finals between Armagh & Tyrone, never mind the other numerous Ulster Championship games, not to forget a cracker All Ireland semi final in 2005.

As for this year, some pretty football, not much quality.  An average team rarely wins an All Ireland, however, this Sunday could be the exception, and I wish the winners well.