Any school or college Gaelic football teams in Britain?

Started by BennyHarp, September 17, 2010, 09:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Just wondering if anyone could help me here. I work in a sixth form college in the north of England and for the past few years i have been running an after college Gaelic football enhancement with the students. The plan has been to coach them in the skills of the game and through a sports leadership programme they then go into the local primary schools and coach the kids there. This has been working really well and the students at my college are loving it and have organised a few blitzes amongst the primary schools. The problem is that they are keen to get a few games themselves and im not really sure if there is any other schools or colleges of the same age group that are offering Gaelic football to play against. If anyone has any info or are involved with a school or college in this way can you let me know? We are prepared to travel to games anywhere in the country if needed! Cheers
That was never a square ball!!

Zulu

I'm involved in schools development in Britain BH so if pm me we can have a chat and see if we can get something arranged. I won't be at a computer for the next 2 or 3 hours but I'll be able to discuss it either later tonight or tomorrow if that suits.

Eamonnca1

Oh there's plenty of other schools playing GAA all right. PM me and gimme your address, I'll send you my DVDs explaining what the games are.

BennyHarp

Yeah, I know there's loads of schools playing, I'm looking for sixth form level schools or colleges,16 to 18 year olds if possible! Eamon I think it was your video I've used from YouTube during assemblies last week, thanks!
That was never a square ball!!