Micheal Ó Muircheartaigh to retire

Started by agorm, September 16, 2010, 08:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maigheo Abu

Benedict Kiely, Hugh Alexander Auchinleck, Niall of the Nine Hostages, Shane O'Neill (no, not the gaaboard one!   ), Hugh O'Neill, all the rest of the O'Neill Gaelic Chieftains -- the very last in Éire to be subdued/squashed by the Gall, Gray's Printer people, etc., etc.

Éire, where exactly is that?
Where the ocean kisses Ireland and the waves caress it's shores

armaghniac

Éire is an island on the west coast of Europe, and to think that M O'M used teach geography!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maigheo Abu

Oh yeah, I remember Maggie Thatcher making reference to it, did you learn your Geography from her?
Maybe it's somewhere west of the Republic of Ireland.

armaghniac

Such ignorance. Are you the Mayo version of Mike Sheehy?

Maigheo Abu

Ignorance is bliss enjoy it. Éire doesn't exist. Proove otherwise and I will gladly be educated.

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 18, 2010, 06:04:44 AM
Quote from: tyssam5 on September 17, 2010, 07:45:12 PM
One  less Kerry hoor in media has got to be good!  ;)

Honest question...what has Tyrones contribution been to the cultural wellbeing of this island ? I can't think of a poet, writer or even a personality of note to have emerged from among the dreary steeples.

Surely you have done more than pack defences and ruin Gaelic football as a spectacle ?

If only I knew how to put up that hooked fish picture!

Micheal is a Kerry gent, unlike yourself, and I wish him well. Also his daughter looked quite hot in the Late Late.

armaghniac

Maigheo Abu why do you use an Irish language phrase as your username and then claim that you cannot recognise the Irish name of the country? Do we need this?

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on September 19, 2010, 01:05:58 PM
Maigheo Abu why do you use an Irish language phrase as your username and then claim that you cannot recognise the Irish name of the country? Do we need this?
I wouldn't read too much into his knowledge of Irish on the basis of his attempt at his username.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Maigheo Abu on September 19, 2010, 01:42:52 AM
Ignorance is bliss enjoy it. Éire doesn't exist. Proove otherwise and I will gladly be educated.

Bunreacht na hÉireann, Article 4: "The name of the State is Éire, or, in the English language, Ireland."

http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/upload/static/256.htm

You're very welcome.

Maroon Heaven

Slan a Micheal Ó Muircheartaigh

Thank you for the memories

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

orangeman

He's some man for 80 years of age - serious memory and has great stories to tell - he's flying out to do the commentary in the Asian games in the East on Wednesday.

He'll not be idle.

armaghniac

I hope that I am as good when I am 80!

He will also do the Intl Rules, I believe.