Brotherly Love...

Started by Banana Man, September 15, 2010, 09:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

Turkish football rocked after boss is stabbed six times on the touchline - by his elder brother!

Turkish football is in shock after a manager was stabbed six times on the touchline during a match. 

Local news agencies reported that Yuksel Yesilova suffered wounds to his stomach and hip after being attacked by his elder brother Murat. 

The victim was rushed to hospital where his injuries were said not to be life-threatening. He was released on Tuesday morning. 

Horror: Turkish football coach Yuksel Yalova is held by club officials after he was stabbed six times on the touchline by his brother
The game between Yesilova's side Mersin Idman Yurdu and Samsunspor was promptly suspended after 40 minutes.

'It was discovered that Murat Yesilova, the elder brother of the coach, carried out the assault,' Huseyin Aksoy, the area's Governor told Anatolia news agency.

'In his first statement to the police he said he did it because of personal issues.'
Aksoy added that Murat was watching the game from the stands, and 'from there, he jumped onto the pitch'.

Emergency: Yuksel Yalova was rushed to hospital after the shocking incident
Samsunspor are expected to be hit with a two-match penalty because of the violence, although the Turkish Football Federation has yet to rule on the match result.

A private TV station broadcast accusations on Monday night that claiming the victim had abused a member of Murat's family, Metin Yesilova

Murat's son, said during the program that the allegations were the motive behind the assault. The victim denied the claims.

He said: 'This person is interfering with me, my mother, my father and my other siblings. He has psychological issues. I have filed complaints against him several times and he was hit with a three-month ban for that.

'Three years ago, I wrote a letter to the Interior Ministry asking for help because it was obvious that this person wanted to harm me or a member of my family. 

'There are many allegations in the papers and on television

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1311997/Turkish-football-boss-stabbed-touchline--brother.html#ixzz0zaFEsWkv