Does it feel like an All Ireland Final is approaching?

Started by Trout, September 13, 2010, 05:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Trout would you have Preferred another Kerry v Cork final or Dublin... whom haven't made a final since 1995 because there not good enough?

Both team's are there on merit & may the best team win on Sunday & If Down manage to pull off a shock... as the saying goes "to be the best you gotta beat the best" (Kerry,Cork)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

artisan2010

Quote from: EC Unique on September 14, 2010, 11:55:59 AM
Quote from: maldini on September 14, 2010, 11:38:13 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 13, 2010, 07:48:54 PM
Could this be the first time the crowd is at capacity for the minor game and then leave before the senior?

???

perhaps some Tyrone ones will leave after the minors but i cant see many of them travelling anyway
Sure they didnt even support their senior team in the quarters in big numbers

I have a ticket for Sunday and will be tempted to leave after the minor game and watch Senior game in the pub enjoying a few Pints and a quick getaway after. :)

Could not really care less who wins seniors but Cork deserve it more on their form over the last few seasons but that will count for sweet fa on Sunday. I think they will win though.

You do understand that football did start before 2003?.  If I was lucky enough to get a ticket to any AI final I would want to experience the whole occassion.  Sure if you quick enough you could get to a pub thats not showing the game and you might even be lucky enough to be tucked up in bed before the adults arrive home.  EC Unique perhaps Waste of a ticket would be more apt.

supersarsfields

Quote from: artisan2010 on September 14, 2010, 01:13:33 PM
Could this be the first time the crowd is at capacity for the minor game and then leave before the senior?

???

perhaps some Tyrone ones will leave after the minors but i cant see many of them travelling anyway

I have a ticket for Sunday and will be tempted to leave after the minor game and watch Senior game in the pub enjoying a few Pints and a quick getaway after. :)

Could not really care less who wins seniors but Cork deserve it more on their form over the last few seasons but that will count for sweet fa on Sunday. I think they will win though.

You do understand that football did start before 2003?.  If I was lucky enough to get a ticket to any AI final I would want to experience the whole occassion.  Sure if you quick enough you could get to a pub thats not showing the game and you might even be lucky enough to be tucked up in bed before the adults arrive home.  EC Unique perhaps Waste of a ticket would be more apt.

One of the most irrelevant uses of a cliche I've seen. It has no connection to the rest of your post!! You just seem to have stuck it in there.
That cliche is only relevant when discussing important topics such as team of the decade, best footballers of all time etc. Not to be used when discussing someone leaving after a minor game as it has little relevance.

artisan2010

Inappropriate use of  a cliche, a crime punishable by stoning in Iran and by literary experts on GAA discussion boards???. 

supersarsfields

Jeez no. That would be awfully harsh.  :D

That cliche is a pet hate of mine as it's throw out regularly on here to dismiss any point made by anyone from Tyrone or armagh whether they have a valid point or not!!

Banana Man

QuoteJeez no. That would be awfully harsh. 

That cliche is a pet hate of mine as it's throw out regulary on here to dismiss any point made by anyone from Tyrone or armagh whether they have a valid point or not!!

why would that be used against an armgh point when their (one and only) all ireland was won in 2002 i.e. before 2003....

supersarsfields

The cliche can come with either date 2002 or 2003. Depending on the location of the poster it's aimed at.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Trout on September 13, 2010, 05:53:20 PM
Ah common now boss, Tyrone made them look like wee boys in Casement. The Sligo result was due to the quick turnaround after the Connacht Final. Kerry were complacent and missing players and well you wouldn't back Kildare in a tight game in the latter stages of the All Ireland, they don't have it upstairs.

Whilst I realise you are on the wind up with this thread (I hope) you could just as easily say similar things about Tyrone in 2008. Unable to beat Down over two matches then a rather unconvincing run through the qualifiers with narrow wins over Westmeath and Mayo. Hammered a flaky Dublin team then won a semi final against Wexford, who themselves had been hammered previously by the Dubs. Beating Kerry in the final was no big deal as Tyrone always beat them.

The argument about there better teams that Cork or Down is irrelevant, it's winning Sam which counts and it's winning Sam that will be remembered.

EC Unique

Quote from: artisan2010 on September 14, 2010, 01:13:33 PM

???

:D :D  Did not think I would get as good a bite as that :D

My work here is done ;D

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 14, 2010, 02:10:38 PM
The cliche can come with either date 2002 or 2003. Depending on the location of the poster it's aimed at.

It is becoming a tired cliche but still has some relevance becuse prior to 2002 no Tyronies or OurMaies were making comments.  Meself I think it is good they have matured into the fold of the better Counties, well Tyrone at least. 

demusicman

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: demusicman on September 14, 2010, 09:28:07 PM
The Final is approaching when you come across this on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXY7WkX7aOo

Fab Cark humour. loving it esp as it distracts your attention away from us Down hoors.  Thanks be te jeysus Arma and Tyronies don't have access to a coastline or else we would be in the same boat.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

demusicman

Down Man was heard singing this in Dublin tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIEx8Ty1nNE

Who he chatting up?
Bet it was not a Cork woman  :o