DOWN POLO CANTERBURY TOP

Started by JOHN23, September 08, 2010, 05:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

I'll try and check to see if the GAA within Down receive any royalties from O'Neills products sold.

I know O'Neills do a Down polo that looks the part (I'm sure many on here are aware of it too).

i usse an speelchekor

rossglass

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 09, 2010, 10:02:01 AM
I'll try and check to see if the GAA within Down receive any royalties from O'Neills products sold.

I know O'Neills do a Down polo that looks the part (I'm sure many on here are aware of it too).

I got the O'Neills Golf Polo a few months ago.

Wee Shea

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 09, 2010, 10:02:01 AM

The O'Neills polo shirts are very nice. I have been buying them for years now, good designs, good quality.

snoopdog

Quote from: MCMLX on September 08, 2010, 09:53:10 PM
Quote from: Bacon on September 08, 2010, 09:44:29 PM
It looks ok but more like a referees polo shirt rather than a Down one. By the way the Down crest is not the copy- right of the county Board. It's the traditional crest of County Down and can be used by anyone.

The old crest could be used any anyone, I am pretty sure the new crest belongs to Down GAA.

Correct, the new crest is a patent of the County board

NAG1

Therefore what has he got except a lot of knock off gear bought from a company that went bust that he is trying to offload on the GAA sector with neither permission or right to do so.

You can talk about monopolies all you want but the other companies that had a go against O'Neills did so in the correct manner and had to buy the rights of the GAA to do so.

rossglass

Quote from: NAG1 on September 09, 2010, 02:41:59 PM
Therefore what has he got except a lot of knock off gear bought from a company that went bust that he is trying to offload on the GAA sector with neither permission or right to do so.

You can talk about monopolies all you want but the other companies that had a go against O'Neills did so in the correct manner and had to buy the rights of the GAA to do so.

canterbury went bust??? surely not

mick999

Quote from: rossglass on September 09, 2010, 03:27:30 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 09, 2010, 02:41:59 PM

canterbury went bust??? surely not

Canterbury's European arm and SA arm went into Liquidation, But Canterbury International is still trading as normal ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canterbury_of_New_Zealand

Sportswear firm in administration
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8148135.stm

JD Sports buys rugby shirt brand
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8183445.stm