Price of a Pint

Started by Keepthefaith93, September 06, 2010, 01:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keepthefaith93

What is the price of a pint in Dublin?

gallsman

Varies wildly. Depends on the type of establishment and whereabouts in Dublin you're talking about - it's a big place.

For example, pints in Meaghers yesterday were €3.95. A week previously in O'Neill's on Suffolk street one of my friends paid €5.50.

Keepthefaith93

In the bars around Croke Park, All Ireland Final Weekend.

gallsman

Drumcondra side (Quinn's, Big Tree etc.) would probably be a bit more expensive than the Fairview side (Meaghers, Clonliffe House).

Shouldn't pay more than a fiver anywhere round Croker and will probably get a bit of change out of it.

ross4life

You said In the bars around Croke Park but i'm sure you'll be heading else where after?

Best site to compare prices http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/pricetable.html

The cheap places are usually the old man's pub while the dear places are tourist spots like the temple bar area & they charge more after 12am  ::)

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Catch the high ball

Paid a fiver for a pint of magners on Saturday night in Dublin!
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

gallsman

Quote from: Catch the high ball on September 06, 2010, 05:07:39 PM
Paid a fiver for a pint of magners on Saturday night in Dublin!

Cider def more expensive than beer. Friend of mine paid 5.70 for a pint bottle in the Autobahn in Glasnevin.

Pangurban

Its nowhere near expensive enough

ross4life

Quote from: Pangurban on September 06, 2010, 06:56:44 PM
Its nowhere near expensive enough

Bergen Norway & Monaco are the most expensive places for "Price of a Pint" I've been too
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Overthebar!

if your in temple bar you can pay up to 7 euro for a pint of cider. thee temple bar is very expensive but some talent about it!

gallsman

Quote from: Overthebar! on September 06, 2010, 07:53:28 PM
if your in temple bar you can pay up to 7 euro for a pint of cider. thee temple bar is very expensive but some talent about it!

This man knows a thing or two kids!

The Temple Bar on a Friday night is possibly the best place in Ireland for picking up women. Full of tourists, spot the bird with a pint of stout in he hand and you'll be sorted!

5 Sams

July 2009 a pint of Guinness in The Temple Bar bar in Temple Bar (if you know what I mean)  was 6-60 Euros...robbin cnuts.
The Aristocrat Years

Minder

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 11, 2010, 10:09:38 PM
July 2009 a pint of Guinness in The Temple Bar bar in Temple Bar (if you know what I mean)  was 6-60 Euros...robbin cnuts.

September 2009, two vodkas and one coke. €15.50.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on September 11, 2010, 10:12:19 PM

How does that compare with the main tourist area of Belfast?

Square Ball

Quote from: ross4life on September 11, 2010, 10:28:12 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 11, 2010, 10:12:19 PM

How does that compare with the main tourist area of Belfast?

You will pay around £3.50 to £4 a pint in the city center
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid