Crossmaglen (The Movie)

Started by Feckitt, September 02, 2010, 09:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

Has anyone heard the latest on this.  Months ago the Examiner said that they might be coming to shoot some scenes in the square in Cross, but I cannot seem to find any information on the net.
Ben Kingsley, Brenda Fricker and Pete Postlethwaite are all in it, so it should hopefully be good.

If I knew when the filming was happening it would be interesting to go and hang around and see what goes on, maybe even get a part as an extra ::)

Any info anyone?

Tony Baloney

I remember reading about this last year. I think Claire Forlani is in it too so Cross could have a good looking woman about the place, which would be a bit of history.

under the bar

Surely Vin Diesel will take the leading role?

The Gs Man

Nah, it's his Irish cousin Red playing the main part.
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

lawnseed

francie has to get a walk on part at least :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

from IMDB

IRA gunner Dermot McGarvey is a hunted man - by both the British and his own. In hiding on a Christmas Eve stakeout to ambush British soldiers, Dermot accidentally kills a mother and her two young children. This action begins a downward spiral that takes McGarvey through the no-go area of Armagh through the divis of Belfast. Who can you trust when you've run out of options? Who lives and who will ultimately die for their sins? Life as a SHAMROCK BOY is never easy!

I can't wait
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

under the bar

Sounds like a carbon copy of the storyline for a Prayer for the Dying.  Might give it a miss.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on September 02, 2010, 11:58:44 PM
from IMDB

IRA gunner Dermot McGarvey is a hunted man - by both the British and his own. In hiding on a Christmas Eve stakeout to ambush British soldiers, Dermot accidentally kills a mother and her two young children. This action begins a downward spiral that takes McGarvey through the no-go area of Armagh through the divis of Belfast. Who can you trust when you've run out of options? Who lives and who will ultimately die for their sins? Life as a SHAMROCK BOY is never easy!

I can't wait

Woo hoo, sounds the business alright, very original :P

blewuporstuffed

its not really going to be called Shamrock Boy is it ?  :-X
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rrhf

I wonder who plays BC in it.  Vinnie Jones?

Orior

Quote from: rrhf on September 03, 2010, 10:53:52 AM
I wonder who plays BC in it.  Vinnie Jones?

LOL.

Hugh Grant (same hair)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Olly

New Film: ANDERSONSTOWN

Plot: Women in pyjamas go about buying bread and milk in shops in the morning until they are confronted by angry residents who oppose their dress code. All hell breaks loose as joyriders complain about the hike in the price of sausage baps because the women in pyjamas aren't buying the milk any more for fear of intimidation.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

lolafrola

Quote from: Olly on September 03, 2010, 12:09:25 PM
New Film: ANDERSONSTOWN

Plot: Women in pyjamas go about buying bread and milk in shops in the morning until they are confronted by angry residents who oppose their dress code. All hell breaks loose as joyriders complain about the hike in the price of sausage baps because the women in pyjamas aren't buying the milk any more for fear of intimidation.

Olly what has that got to do with Crossmaglen ???
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.