Simon Cowell slams Strictly Come Dancing

Started by Trout, September 02, 2010, 12:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

The X Factor guru - angry at Beeb plans to air the show at the same time as his ITV1 hit - reckons its followers would appreciate the move.
He said: "I'd suggest they show Strictly a bit earlier in the afternoon because their audience is older.
"I'm serious. Then they can have a nap if it finishes at six and watch X Factor later."
Simon claimed Beeb plans to show Strictly simultaneously with X Factor were a "disservice to the licence fee payer".
The move was widely condemned by fans last year.
Si told TV Biz: "We don't pay the licence fee for people to play games with ratings.
"It is childish and pathetic. We gave the BBC a choice last year about different time slots but they have this obsession with competing with us."
Simon indicated he was keen to work with the Beeb to avoid the threatened clash.
He went on: "If X Factor and Strictly are first and second, why would you want to put them on at the same time? It's not fair on licence fee payers."
A BBC spokeswoman said: "We're happy to discuss the scheduling, but as far as we're aware it is ITV boss Peter Fincham and not Simon Cowell who makes this decision so it would be best that we talk with him.
"Any decisions we make will be taken with licence fee payers' best interests at heart."
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Denn Forever

Gotta get the media circus started................
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rrhf

somebody somewhere would need to sort this out before its too late and the media get a wind of it...

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 02, 2010, 02:47:37 PM
Lovely day outside

Isn't it. I was outside for an hour, taking photos in the garden and little tid-bits around the surrounding area. Would still be out, only the battery died.

Testing Accessibility

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: Nally Stand on Today at 02:47:37 PM
Lovely day outside

Isn't it. I was outside for an hour, taking photos in the garden and little tid-bits around the surrounding area. Would still be out, only the battery died.

Are you a teacher or something Zig? i would love a job like that

ziggysego

Quote from: Banana Man on September 02, 2010, 03:56:25 PM
QuoteQuote from: Nally Stand on Today at 02:47:37 PM
Lovely day outside

I wish. No, was off sick most of the summer. Back this week, but reduced my hours until I'm fully fit again.
Testing Accessibility

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: Banana Man on Today at 03:56:25 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on Today at 02:47:37 PM
Lovely day outside

I wish. No, was off sick most of the summer. Back this week, but reduced my hours until I'm fully fit again.

sorry to hear that, hope it's nothing serious lad

JimStynes

Quote from: Banana Man on September 02, 2010, 04:09:15 PM
QuoteQuote from: Banana Man on Today at 03:56:25 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on Today at 02:47:37 PM
Lovely day outside

sorry to hear that, hope it's nothing serious lad

Bet u feel bad now Banana man. Zig has took extra time off work so he can watch more Neighbours. How are you these days zig

ziggysego

Well on the road to recovery now, thanks guys :)

You know, today's the first time I've watched Neighbours in yonks. Not enough time spent with the Kennedy's. Too youth originated now!  >:(  :D
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on September 02, 2010, 03:28:28 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 02, 2010, 02:47:37 PM
Lovely day outside

Throw them up on Facebook Zig so I can laugh look at your photo taking skills
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

Does anybody else feel that Simon Cowell the rest of these silly music/talent programs are one of the biggest diseases on god's green earth?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

pintsofguinness

I like Cowell, I like Louis Walsh as well.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

no mo do yakamo

Quote from: ross4life on September 02, 2010, 06:28:22 PM
Does anybody else feel that Simon Cowell the rest of these silly music/talent programs are one of the biggest diseases on god's green earth?
Yes
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

deiseach

Quote from: rrhf on September 02, 2010, 02:35:03 PM
somebody somewhere would need to sort this out before its too late and the media get a wind of it...

:D