Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life

Started by SLIGONIAN, August 27, 2010, 11:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 29, 2010, 11:46:50 PM
After the day I've had this is a great pick-me-up, somethings are more important...

Ah Dinny gutted for ye today, but as you say bigger things out there, hard to take all the same as we take our football so serious.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

stpauls

I am 10 weeks away from becoming a father for the first time, and for some reason a lot of things recently have made me emotional but that story was the straw that broke the camels back. the tears are streaming down my face at the minute. what wonderful news that is, i can only hope that junior comes without any complications like that and is a strong and healthy baby!!

Dinny Breen

QuoteAh Dinny gutted for ye today, but as you say bigger things out there, hard to take all the same as we take our football so serious.

Even more depressed today but a nice story from yesterday, Anthony Rainbow retired from inter-county football yesterday but 20 mins after the final whistle he was able to bring his 2 year old son onto the pitch and down in the Canal End he was able to kick the ball around with him, so last his time on the the hollowed turf was kicking ball with his son, a great memory and for me a touching moment....
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 30, 2010, 09:07:55 AM
QuoteAh Dinny gutted for ye today, but as you say bigger things out there, hard to take all the same as we take our football so serious.

Even more depressed today but a nice story from yesterday, Anthony Rainbow retired from inter-county football yesterday but 20 mins after the final whistle he was able to bring his 2 year old son onto the pitch and down in the Canal End he was able to kick the ball around with him, so last his time on the the hollowed turf was kicking ball with his son, a great memory and for me a touching moment....

Never saw that, very touching indeed.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

haranguerer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 30, 2010, 09:07:55 AM

Used to be any of the GAA fraternity could do similar. Not any more it seems....

Billys Boots

Quote20 mins after the final whistle he was able to bring his 2 year old son onto the pitch and down in the Canal End he was able to kick the ball around with him, so last his time on the the hollowed turf was kicking ball with his son

I could say some uncharitable (but justifiable) things about that, but in the spirit of sentimentality and tearfulness of the thread I'll just walk on by.  Dum de dum de dum.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Newbridge Exile

Our first wee one was born exactly three weeks ago , mum and son doing well , this  story definitely brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye