La Liga 2010/11 season

Started by ross4life, August 23, 2010, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: paco on October 31, 2010, 11:11:23 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 31, 2010, 10:24:06 AM
Quiet enough start to the season for Villa so last night was great to see. Hopefully he breaks out after that. Although apparently he's hit the post something ridiculous like 9 times in the last two months!

Sounds close enough, he's also been caught offside more times than anyone in the league, including Higuain! 2 great goals last night though, ominous for the rest of the league and he couldn't have timed it better with the Classico in a few weeks.

Bingo.

His movement is incredible - almost aways breaks off to the wing. Advantage of being able to cut in on either foot helps i guess!

Gold

I posted last night on the old thread but probably best to post it on the new one so here goes:

Anyone see Barca the other night??

They are on another planet and Messi is a genious--words cant do him, Xavi and Iniesta justice. Villa and Alves are superb also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJwKvFffQiU&feature=player_embedded
http://eurorivals.net/barcelona:villarreal-highlights-goals-video_20101113.html

As for Villa having a slow start he was good on saturday--look at his goal--flicked the ball over the sliding defender and then slid it through the keepers legs. That was one of the best performances i've ever seen from any team the other night --i've become bored with soccer, struggle to watch half a game but was glued to that game --Xavi and iniesta's passing is unreal--the weight and timing of the passes a joy --Villa is always on the left but dangerous out there. Their defence could cause them problems though as Villareal got in on goal a lot (although Pique wasnt playing). Busquets reminds me of Darren Fletcher.

Other than that it is a joy to watch them and i intend to watch all their games from now on. Truly amazing the barcelona fans are spoiled with such a team.

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

gallsman

Quote from: Gold on November 16, 2010, 11:55:17 AM
I posted last night on the old thread but probably best to post it on the new one so here goes:

Anyone see Barca the other night??

They are on another planet and Messi is a genious--words cant do him, Xavi and Iniesta justice. Villa and Alves are superb also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJwKvFffQiU&feature=player_embedded
http://eurorivals.net/barcelona:villarreal-highlights-goals-video_20101113.html

As for Villa having a slow start he was good on saturday--look at his goal--flicked the ball over the sliding defender and then slid it through the keepers legs. That was one of the best performances i've ever seen from any team the other night --i've become bored with soccer, struggle to watch half a game but was glued to that game --Xavi and iniesta's passing is unreal--the weight and timing of the passes a joy --Villa is always on the left but dangerous out there. Their defence could cause them problems though as Villareal got in on goal a lot (although Pique wasnt playing). Busquets reminds me of Darren Fletcher.

Other than that it is a joy to watch them and i intend to watch all their games from now on. Truly amazing the barcelona fans are spoiled with such a team.

A massive insult to Busquets! He's a whinger and a diver, but when he sticks to playing he's fantastic.

Gold

I know its an insult but he just reminds me in that it takes him longer than everyone else to get his balance and the ball from under his feet than the rest of the team--ie he puts his hands/arms away out like an aeroplane when hes trying to get his balance with the ball, as does Fletcher--watch it.

But he does a good job and every team needs a stopper to let the others play--he's good but he's no Roy Keane or Essien

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

gallsman

Quote from: Gold on November 16, 2010, 12:38:44 PM
I know its an insult but he just reminds me in that it takes him longer than everyone else to get his balance and the ball from under his feet than the rest of the team--ie he puts his hands/arms away out like an aeroplane when hes trying to get his balance with the ball, as does Fletcher--watch it.

But he does a good job and every team needs a stopper to let the others play--he's good but he's no Roy Keane or Essien

I wouldn't classify Essien as a "stopper"

paco

Busquets is quality. Darren Fletcher wouldn't start for a World Cup winning side or even make the bench at Barcelona.

Archie Mitchell

Masterclass from Barca tonight. 5-0 up away from home and not even half time yet.

paco

The amount of goals Messi is scoring this season is scary. That's his 22nd in 17 games I think.

Archie Mitchell

8 leagues games in a row he has scored in now I think. Passed the 100 league goals as well.

Madrid up next and a win for them will set up El Classico well for next week.

paco

You're right, 8 in a row, that's 101 in the league. Good to have so many impressive performances and no injuries coming into the Clasico! Hopefully Llorente can sicken Madrid here now, all the attention will be on him with rumours of a transfer to the Bernabeu.

CiKe

not a bad response from Madrid (5-1) with Ronaldo also getting three.

ross4life

All eyes on Monday nights El Clásico game! the last time Mourinho visited the Camp Nou Barca turned the sprinklers on him.

Current PP odds

Barca 11/10 draw 12/5 R Madrid 5/2

Correct score 1-1 6/1

First Goal scorer  Messi 4/1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

Really wish it wasn't being played on a Monday :( Anyway, can't see anything but a Barcelona win. Start of a tough period for Real Madrid, Valencia next week with Sevilla and Villareal all within a few weeks after. It'll be this stage of the season in the second half, round March/April, which will determine their success, these same fixtures will all be away from home (apart from the Clasico) and we'll be well into the knock-out stages of the CL.

ONeill

Whatta stat:

Mourinho is on a run of 142 home league matches unbeaten:
Porto (W36 D2),
Chelsea (W46 D14),
Inter (W29 D9),
Real Madrid (W6 D0).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.