AI Football Final 2010: An Corcaigh vs An Dún

Started by under the bar, August 23, 2010, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Here's maybe a good omen for Down.. in 1987 when Down won All Ireland Minor they beat Kildare in the Semi & Cork in the final & James McCartan played for Down that year
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2010, 11:04:30 PM
Fear ón Srath Bán, the match last for 70 minutes!! Christ i good in the first twenty minutes, then i die a death cause i'm not as fit as i used to be ;)

Difference is Milltown, Down chose to stop, you're just old and bolloxed (like myself)!  :D

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2010, 11:04:30 PM
Gardiner Street ::) ::) keep your hands on your wallet at all times

Not at all, putty in our hands  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ross4life

1990/94 long wait for two big counties so....... who fancies celebrating this win on the field?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on September 18, 2010, 12:23:17 AM
1990/94 long wait for two big counties so....... who fancies celebrating this win on the field?
Whoever wins please get on the field and wipe the smug smile off that dictator Cooneys face. Viva le revolution....
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

5 Sams

Quote from: MCMLX on September 17, 2010, 11:38:04 PM
Glad that John Clarke kept his place. Hopefully we`ll see Ambi at some stage, even if it is only to lift Sam.
I'm not very confident at all, this Cork team worries me. Then again, I thought Kerry would beat us, likewise Kildare. We`re still there though, still in with a shout. Win, lose or draw it has been a hell of a year. Slightly unexpected, but we`ll take it all the same. We`ve rode our luck at times, got a few dubious decisions, but in other years those decisions went against us and we were cursing referees. I always say you make your own luck. Hopefully we`ll make some more on Sunday.

Agree 100%....I honestly think he was our best player in the league...class is permanent and he has it...he'll produce in the final...Cork will move Shields out to mark Benny or Marty and John will take advantage...you heard it here first..
The Aristocrat Years

Milltown Row2

E Cadogan and O Leary great price to be shown yellow card
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 18, 2010, 12:47:09 AM
Quote from: MCMLX on September 17, 2010, 11:38:04 PM
Glad that John Clarke kept his place. Hopefully we`ll see Ambi at some stage, even if it is only to lift Sam.
I'm not very confident at all, this Cork team worries me. Then again, I thought Kerry would beat us, likewise Kildare. We`re still there though, still in with a shout. Win, lose or draw it has been a hell of a year. Slightly unexpected, but we`ll take it all the same. We`ve rode our luck at times, got a few dubious decisions, but in other years those decisions went against us and we were cursing referees. I always say you make your own luck. Hopefully we`ll make some more on Sunday.

Agree 100%....I honestly think he was our best player in the league...class is permanent and he has it...he'll produce in the final...Cork will move Shields out to mark Benny or Marty and John will take advantage...you heard it here first..

Was there ever a match where Cork didn't move Shields out?

Redhand Santa

Have been at or saw on tv 6 Down games this year - v Armagh x 2 in league, Donegal,Tyrone,Kerry and Kildare. John Clarke played in at least 4 of them games I think and don't recall him doing anything to suggest he should start. Maybe I've just caught him on days were he has been less effective. Still don't blame McCartan for not changing at this stage.

Is Cole still part of the panel?

5 Sams

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 18, 2010, 01:04:06 AM
Have been at or saw on tv 6 Down games this year - v Armagh x 2 in league, Donegal,Tyrone,Kerry and Kildare. John Clarke played in at least 4 of them games I think and don't recall him doing anything to suggest he should start. Maybe I've just caught him on days were he has been less effective. Still don't blame McCartan for not changing at this stage.

Cole hasnt been around in a while....John Clarke gets hammered because he doesnt get the same scores as Marty and Benny.....watch him play and you'll see the contribution he makes to the team.
The Aristocrat Years

supersub

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 18, 2010, 01:11:50 AM

First time in 8 seasons Cole hasnt been on the panel, didnt get much of a chance last year and didnt make panel at all this term!

Dinny Breen

There can only be one winner and logic dictates that Cork whose form for 2010 despite what many seem to think is still pretty damn good, winners of the NFL comfortably and unbeaten over 70 mins of Championship football this year will be that winner..

Sunday will not be for romantics, Cork will dominate possession and will probably score about 6-8 points from frees, Cork by 4 for me...
#newbridgeornowhere

Redhand Santa

Cole hasnt been around in a while....John Clarke gets hammered because he doesnt get the same scores as Marty and Benny.....watch him play and you'll see the contribution he makes to the team.

It wasn't the lack of scores that made me question his contribution. Its the fact that he has been winning very little ball that's coming into the full forward line. In the semi plenty of ball was knocked away from him. As I said maybe he has played well in other games. I've nothing against him and hope he proves me wrong tomorrow.

The Worker

score in the 1st min 15/8.....put your auntie on it!

Midman

Ahhhh the day before the AI final, the anticipation, reading the various previews and predictions, wondering how some of them will backtrack on Monday when they didn't get the result they had predicted. Will    *insert player name here  really start at *insert position here. Really looking forward to it
As an Armagh man believe it or not I would be delighted if Down won (though I'd feel sorry for Cork losing as well given the torment they've suffered in finals recently). I met a squad of Down boys in JFK airport on Thursday night, all heading home for the game and we had good craic. Looking forward to a great game and hopefully a Down victory , though I think Cork will take some stopping

MCMLX

I saw Monk  at both games in Croke Park. He is one of the players you have to feel for at this stage. He gave great service to Down over the years along with others like Mickey McVeigh, Liam Doyle and Michael Walsh. If Down win tomorrow and thats a big IF, you have to feel for those lads.
John Clarke had a great league, he hasn't really hit form inn the championship, but he does a lot of work that goes unnoticed. He wins a lot of dirty ball, balls that come in low and fast and links up very well with Marty. If he has a big game tomorrow everyone will be telling you just how good he is.