AI Football Final 2010: An Corcaigh vs An Dún

Started by under the bar, August 23, 2010, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Well that's an idea. Hill 16 pub, Middle Gardiner Street - ask FoSB for first drink, free. Something he does for gaaboard gatherings. Hoping to be there from 1130-1300.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

I fancy Down, we are all waiting on the Cork team of last year but they have not turned out at all. And why should they appear on Sunday?

The way I see it Down are peaking at the right time. They were rubbish against Tyrone true,  but managed to keep going and have now got 70+ minutes to win an All Ireland. I think the game will be tight and the winners will only win by 1-3 points. A sending off and a dodgy refereeing decision for our talking points afterwards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2010, 10:51:38 PM
The way I see it Down are peaking at the right time. They were rubbish against Tyrone true, ...

Disagree: they blew us away in the first 20 minutes.

I know now why they stopped playing that day in Casement -- they were afraid of winning the Ulster and of not exploiting the Qualifiers. Good management wee James.

Quote from: ONeill on September 17, 2010, 10:47:24 PM
Well that's an idea. Hill 16 pub, Middle Gardiner Street - ask FoSB for first drink, free. Something he does for gaaboard gatherings. Hoping to be there from 1130-1300.

The first and the rest Shane, so long as no one laughs at my sandals. Then it would be knives out time  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

Having been at the last couple of Down games must say Im really looking forward to seeing Clarke play again on Sunday. He's been brilliant in the last few games, really classy on the ball. Coulter and Hughes have also been excellent. Have fancied Cork all week but really hope Down do it. You can't discount the record of the two counties in finals in the past and based on this Down have a real chance. Still not sure how John Clarke has retained his place.

supersub

Probably because the only two games we have lost this year he didn't start. Wee things like that play on managers minds having come this far.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 17, 2010, 10:54:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2010, 10:51:38 PM
The way I see it Down are peaking at the right time. They were rubbish against Tyrone true, ...

Disagree: they blew us away in the first 20 minutes.

I know now why they stopped playing that day in Casement -- they were afraid of winning the Ulster and of not exploiting the Qualifiers. Good management wee James.

Quote from: ONeill on September 17, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

The first and the rest Shane, so long as no one laughs at my sandals. Then it would be knives out time  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán, the match last for 70 minutes!! Christ i good in the first twenty minutes, then i die a death cause i'm not as fit as i used to be ;)

as for John Clarke starting everyone in the country is asking that, but he is still there. is Ronan more of a super sub????

Gardiner Street ::) ::) keep your hands on your wallet at all times
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cornafean

Weather's going to be okay on Sunday, cloudy but dry in Dublin according to http://www.met.ie/forecasts/county.asp Can't wait...
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Midlands Man

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

5 Sams

Quote from: Midlands Man on September 17, 2010, 11:14:46 PM
Whens the Down team been named???

Anocht

B McVeigh, D McCartan, D Gordon, D Rafferty, D Rooney, K McKernan, C Garvey, P Fitzpatrick, K King, D Hughes, M Poland, B Coulter, P McComiskey, J Clarke, M Clarke.
The Aristocrat Years

Midlands Man

Thanks lads , also what do you Down boys reckon are the chances of Aidan Carr coming off the bench Sunday , just wondering for fantasy football reasons..

BarryBreensBandage

And Down got to this stage without Mickey Walsh and Liam Doyle - two great players.

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

MCMLX

Glad that John Clarke kept his place. Hopefully we`ll see Ambi at some stage, even if it is only to lift Sam.
I'm not very confident at all, this Cork team worries me. Then again, I thought Kerry would beat us, likewise Kildare. We`re still there though, still in with a shout. Win, lose or draw it has been a hell of a year. Slightly unexpected, but we`ll take it all the same. We`ve rode our luck at times, got a few dubious decisions, but in other years those decisions went against us and we were cursing referees. I always say you make your own luck. Hopefully we`ll make some more on Sunday.

supersub

Quote from: Midlands Man on September 17, 2010, 11:26:50 PM
Thanks lads , also what do you Down boys reckon are the chances of Aidan Carr coming off the bench Sunday , just wondering for fantasy football reasons..

wouldnt be overly confident but you never know - most likely to be maginn, murtagh, colgan, brown, ambrose,brannigan but carr could make an appearance depending on how the game goes, injuries etc

johnpower

Looking forward to the game .Decided not to use up a ticket and leave it the competing counties . Hope the best team wins ? .At this stage expect Cork to win by 3/4 but not with any great confidence . Hope it is a good match ?. Safe trip to all