AI Football Final 2010: An Corcaigh vs An Dún

Started by under the bar, August 23, 2010, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Zulu on September 16, 2010, 09:36:20 PM
The Cork Senior Football team V's Down in Sunday's All-Ireland Final will line out as follows:

1. Alan Quirke
                                  (Valley Rovers)

2. Eoin Cadogan  3. Michael Shields   4. Ray Carey
       (Douglas)       (St. Finbarrs)         (Clyda Rovers)

5. Noel O'Leary   6. Graham Canty    7. Paudie Kissane
  (Cill na Martra)    (Bantry Blues-Capt)         (Clyda Rovers)

8. Alan O'Connor                     9. Aidan Walsh
               (St. Colum's)                           (Kanturk)

10. Ciaran Sheehan  11. Pearse O'Neill  12. Patrick Kelly
      (Éire Óg)              (Aghada)              (Ballincollig)

13. Daniel Goulding  14. Donncha O'Connor  15. Paul Kerrigan
          (Éire Óg)           (Ballydesmond)           (Nemo Rangers)

Zulu I sincerely hope you can keep it in your pants if Cork are victorious on Sunday.

thewobbler

If Canty does start he'll not be fit to run around after any of the Down half-forwards. So he'd have to deployed as a sweeper. Probably in front of Coulter.

From a Down perspective, I can see Garvey and McKernan switching so that Garvey and King can put a two man wall in the direct line of Cork's running game. I'd also think that Down's best 3-4 athletes, the likes of Fitzpatrick, Hughes and Poland, will be under instructions to empty the tanks for 50 minutes, and that's their job done.

My biggest concern on Sunday is soft frees. I don't think Cork's attack has more than 8 points from play in it, and Down will balance off any goals if needed. But 5-6 unnecessary frees might be too big a challenge to get over. So keep your hands visible fellas.

Down by 4. Cork to get a couple of men sent of towards the death for dissent and handbags. Pete Fitz to be the real man of the match, martin Clarke to be the official one, Ronan Murtagh to bag 3 points.

Maiden1

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 16, 2010, 10:26:23 PM
Down 9/4 or 2/1 still. Incredible odds come 6pm Sunday. These guys have never lost a final.

http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/cork-v-down/winner

They were still 25-1 for AI before the Kerry game, a game they always had a good chance of winning and had a decent chance of making the final.  I find it shocking the odds have been so high.  Are the bookies taking a chance with having the odds so high or is there still a lot of money going on Cork to win, even at 1/2.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Mario

Down 9/4 or 2/1 still. Incredible odds come 6pm Sunday. These guys have never lost a final.

http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/cork-v-down/winner
Down have never lost a final, these guys have never played in one.

MCMLX

Quote from: snoopdog on September 16, 2010, 10:18:41 PM
Quote from: MCMLX on September 16, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
Divine intervention?

was this on tv from today? or have you photo shopped it

It was on TV this evening. Its not shopped.

Onlooker

Quote from: joemamas on September 16, 2010, 09:52:47 PM
The Cork Senior Football team V's Down in Sunday's All-Ireland Final will line out as follows:

1. Alan Quirke
                                  (Valley Rovers)

I would say I have a better chance of starting full forward than Donnacha O Connor on Sunday. Wonder what real line out will be.
I agree with you Joemamas.  There is no way that the Cork forward line will line out as selected.  Kerrigan @10, Sheehan @ 14 and O'Connor @15 would make a lot more sense IMO.  I also think that Cork are taking a major gamble if Graham Canty lines out at centre back.  He can hardly be fit to do himself justice.  It is a pity though that both captains Graham Canty and Ambrose Rogers are struggling with injury.  Two fine players who deserve the great honour of captaining their county in an All Ireland Final.  I live near enough to Cork to know that Cork people who never give their footballers anything like the support that they deserve are very confident about Sunday's game.  Here in Tipperary a lot of football people see Down as the more likely winners.  Cork are entitled to be favourites, but both my head and my heart (and my pocket) says that Down will have 2 or 3 points to spare on Sunday.

Zulu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 16, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

1. Alan Quirke
                                  (Valley Rovers)

Zulu I sincerely hope you can keep it in your pants if Cork are victorious on Sunday.

:D :D

Although I'd like to see Cork win one, I won't be in any way dissapointed if Down win either. I just hope it is a great game and that both teams go out to win it rather than not lose it. Tbh I can see Down winning it even though I still think Cork have the best team in the country. I think it will be close but Cork will have to produce a performance that they haven't been capable for a few months now and I'm not sure it is in them.

QuoteThere is no way that the Cork forward line will line out as selected.  Kerrigan @10, Sheehan @ 14 and O'Connor @15 would make a lot more sense IMO.

Sheehan is better suited to wing forward and should start there, however you'd never know with Counihan.

doubleblues

All Down fans will rejoice that Conor hasnt started Nicholas Murphy and also included Graham canty (Half Fit)

Reillers

I genuinely can't wait anymore. Love this time of year, there's a great atmosphere around the place, I just hope Cork win now and finally put the problem in Croker to rest.
It'll be bumper to bumper no doubt for anyone who's driving, but will be a great weekend hopefully. Cork will hopefully win and on paper we've a better team, but Down could well do it, they've players like Clarke and Benny Coulter who we'll need to mark well on the day or we'll be in all sorts of trouble.
Hopefully we'll have Canty fully fit for the final, we'll need everyone firing 100% come throw in, no half ass rate.

Surely this is our year, it's escaped us too long.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

superblues

who would that suit i think it would suit cork more

DuffleKing

These guys?

I think the bookies can see the point that you are missing

No1

QuoteDown by 4.

Wobbler, that's twice I've read you tipping our lads.  Would you fer fucks sake QUIT!!!   Please go back and edit those posts, I'll buy you as many pints as you can drink if you'll predict a win for the rebels.