Midweek/Oct/Dublin
4 (13.8%)
Saturday/Oct/Dublin
3 (10.3%)
Wait 'till March 2011
18 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Bud Wiser

In fairness we set the time too soon to organize this, then some had to withdraw because of the date we had set.

There is no point in 15 or 20 people turning up for a charity outing, we need more numbers, lots more.  Each county should be able to provide 4 players or at least two. They do not have to be board members so invite clubmates.

Chicken and Egg.  We can't book a course until we have players. 

Please indicate what date would suit you.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

ONeill

I think setting something a good bit down the line which means that date takes priority in an individual's calendar might work. Say 6-9 months.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bud Wiser

I could'nt agree more with you.  I think next March would be better because it would give us time to get newspapers and journos involved and make a right big day out of it.  The reason I have Dublin in there is becauseif it were on a Saturday it might help if hubby wants to bring wife  and the ladies want to go shopping. 

Could someone post who makes/sells your county jerseys.  There may be a possibility that we could approach the manufacturers for a few, one for each player, or Champion Sports etc.

What I am getting at is each team of four will cost 300 euro to enter.  If each player had his jersey sponsored it would mean that their round of golf cost less. If the manufacturers/shops won't sponsor them then we have to get each county board to sponsor them - along with a team from their county if we can't get them here,

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Tony Baloney

Where is the poll option for everyone is full of big talk and this will never happen so let's cut out the  shite and make a donation to charity.

magpie seanie

Bud - I'm easy as regards the arrangements so I didn't vote. If its midweek I'll take a day off and Athlone or Dubin are fine for me. I was hoping it would be sooner rather than later as I was looking forward to it but I can see the argument for pushing it out a bit to give time for arrangements.

Don't mind the knockers.

Bud Wiser

QuoteDon't mind the knockers.

I dont mind them Seanie.  Assholes of the highest order, and there is always one big one every time.

Rois

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 22, 2010, 04:21:45 PM
QuoteDon't mind the knockers.

I dont mind them Seanie.  Assholes of the highest order, and there is always one big one every time.

You're quite right Bud, god people's attitudes are shocking sometimes.

I'm a rookie golfer who can hardly make it round 9 holes of a Par 3 course in 90 strokes so I'll not be joining in the golf but have a few contacts at O'Neills and Squareball if I can help with tshirts or anything. We ran a Club Tyrone golf day last yr and O'Neills did us some great umbrellas.

Bud Wiser

Thinking now of having it on Sunday, 6th February.  That will be the 84th Anniversary of the death of Sam Maguire.  Im sure Dinny will be able to talk to the Kildare captain to get him to bring along the cup.  We can call it Sam's Day and get Murphys Stout to sponsor it to annoy Guinness with their Arthurs Day. 

Myself and AZ and the Magpie will meet up and try and get her moving now.  I was thinking of somewhere like City West as a base (going by the polls preference for Dublin) and maybe use Tulfarris which is only ten minutes down the road.

Best way out is I will create a web page next week and after we meet and decide what we are doing we will stick it up with all the details.

Thanks

ONeill

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 22, 2010, 05:58:19 PM
Thinking now of having it on Sunday, 6th February.  That will be the 84th Anniversary of the death of Sam Maguire.  Im sure Dinny will be able to talk to the Kildare captain to get him to bring along the cup.  We can call it Sam's Day and get Murphys Stout to sponsor it to annoy Guinness with their Arthurs Day. 

Myself and AZ and the Magpie will meet up and try and get her moving now.  I was thinking of somewhere like City West as a base (going by the polls preference for Dublin) and maybe use Tulfarris which is only ten minutes down the road.

Best way out is I will create a web page next week and after we meet and decide what we are doing we will stick it up with all the details.

Thanks

Early thoughts Bud - that's probably a day full of NFL and/or NHL games. Also, a Sunday might be a tough one as people have work in the morning.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrones own

...And not to mention the wind and rain howling in off thon water being the start of Feb and all...just saying lak!
best of luck anyway and hope it works out, I'll def not be home in Feb anyhow  :(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Orior

Great work Bud and I appreciate the early thought and effort. 

The www.JustGiving.com website is handy for raising funds, and I believe is well trusted.

Croke Park should be rich enough to give a donation too.

I'd take a day of work to go, but a weekend in February might attract a larger field.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bud Wiser

Thanks Orior,

That website charge 5% of your funds.  www.charity.ie only take 3%.

The target would be say 32 teams @ 300 euro per team of 4 plus Tee Sponsorship and a few other bits and bobs to try and reach 10k so there would be 200 euro of a difference and I am fierce mean when I am fundraising !!!

You are right about Croke Park, I will be onto uncle Peter as soon as we light the fuse.  I will ask the GPA as well, I think the GPA might put in a team and I know that Magpie would love to play on it alongside Dessie.

The Real Laoislad

Bud you can tell me to mind my own business if you wish but I was thinking about this today.
How about you get someone to sponsor each tee box?

I know a good few of us on here own our own business so if you were even only to charge €50 a tee box it would generate a further €900 quid,and if any thought €100 wasn't too much it would bring in €1800.
I would have no problem sponsoring a Tee box and I'm sure a few other business owners on here wouldn't either.
We could make up a little sign and put it on each tee box,I'd have no problem making them up and sticking them down before play
Also if you wanted I could look after that side and fellas could get in touch with me about sponsoring a tee.
Its a bit of cheap advertising and extra money for whichever charity you choose.
Anyone that doesn't work for themselves could ask their boss for a donation and in return get some cheap advertising and help out a charity at the same time.

Also I was thinking a Friday would be the best day for this,a week day is not going to bring the same numbers due to work the next day especially if lads want a few pints,same goes for a Sunday and then a Saturday is very hard to get tee times especially in Dublin.

I know a fella in Hollystown GC which might get us a good deal,plus they have 27 holes so if there was big numbers it would be good as you could have two tee offs at the one time.Granted it's not the best course ever but it's not that bad.

Anyway just a few suggestions as I said tell me to butt out if you want.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Louth Exile

Whether its Oct or March fair play to you Bud if you can make it happen.

I think you are spot on there RLL with the Friday shotgun start. I think for what this event is about you would really want to have it. Also no reason why it couldn't be open to tee sponshorship unless you are planing on an event sponsor Bud. Hollystown on a Friday sounds pretty good to me.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Puckoon

I'm to be home in march around the 17th - and I for one would love to be involved if it was possible.

Hopefully playing golf.