Croke Park Hotel

Started by Keepthefaith93, August 18, 2010, 09:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keepthefaith93

Was thinking of booking this hotel for the AI final weekend, has any of you stayed there for a match in the past, is there much craic about it? or would I be better booking a hotel in the centre of town?

Minder

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on August 18, 2010, 09:47:37 AM
Was thinking of booking this hotel for the AI final weekend, has any of you stayed there for a match in the past, is there much craic about it? or would I be better booking a hotel in the centre of town?

If it isn't booked out yet you will pay double or more than you would any other weekend of the year. It is s good spot on the Sunday before a game, but you don't need to have stayed there to wander in and have a few drinks.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Keepthefaith93

A friend has already booked a few rooms and got them at a good price and has asked me if I want to have one of them, I probley will take it but was just wondering would it be good craic the night before the match or would you have to go into the city.

Gaffer

Its a very good hotel and handy if you are for the match. Free carpark for residents and they do a nice brekkie as well. Def the place to be on the day of the All Ireland as you can see a few famous faces about it. Bomber Liston never seems to leave the place !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

MR99

Quote from: Gaffer on August 18, 2010, 10:37:00 AM
Its a very good hotel and handy if you are for the match. Free carpark for residents and they do a nice brekkie as well. Def the place to be on the day of the All Ireland as you can see a few famous faces about it. Bomber Liston never seems to leave the place !!!
I stayed in it in 08 and thought that the atmosphere was nil on the Saturday night before the game.  Much better craic closer to the city centre.

Food and rooms are good though but that is the case with most of the hotels anyway.  Biggest advantage is the parking but it always stuffed stupid for 2 or 3 hours after the game then empties very quickly.

Denn Forever

Its only a short step into town (but through dodgy areas) or into Drumcondra.  A good base and parking would be a bonus.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

David McKeown

They were advertised functions being held in Croke Park on the eve of the two finals that might ass to the atmosphere around the stadium on Saturday night this year
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gander

was in it after the hurling on sunday, big crowd in it but good craic.  Best guiness I had in Dublin too

Canalman

Clears out pretty quickly about 2 hrs after game. Far too soulless/ airport bar...ish for my taste.............. prefer the many other haunts in the vicinity.

thebigfella

Quote from: gander on August 19, 2010, 04:49:45 PM
was in it after the hurling on sunday, big crowd in it but good craic.  Best guiness I had in Dublin too

Do you get out round Dublin often?

Maguire01

Very good accommodation. Car parking handy too.

The Worker

didnt like it myself, very crowded pre match when i was trying to check in. had to beat my way past a crowd of 50strong to get in with my luggage  >:(

under the bar

It's a great place on match day but way to big once the crowd clears out and you may as well be in an empty nightclub.  Stay nearby in a smaller hotel with a bit of craic and make the most of match day in Jurys.