Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Quote from: Hardy on August 18, 2010, 03:16:52 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2010, 02:02:47 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on August 18, 2010, 12:08:26 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2010, 09:43:33 AM
Quote from: boojangles on August 17, 2010, 10:45:06 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 17, 2010, 10:33:46 PM
These draws make a mockery of the All Ireland ticket allocation system and questions have to be asked whether they should be allowed.

::) ::) ::) ::)

How is this draw making a mockery of anything?

It brings into question the current system of allocation of AI tickets - 27,000 tickets are distributed to non-competing counties - draws like this are held up and down the country - why are competing counties left short while others are able to sell their tickets.

Scandalous. Take orders from the competing counties and let the remaining tickets go to whoever wants them. Is it true every living past president gets 100 tickets?

Not that I'm aware of, no

From http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/all-ireland-ticket-hunt-is-on/ :

Where the tickets go

For the record, this is how the tickets were distributed for the Kilkenny v Cork final in 2006. The capacity was 82,300, which left 67,488 for general circulation after deduction of 10,528 Premium and Box tickets, 4,143 long term Cusack Stand tickets and 141 "miscellaneous".

That 67,488 were distributed as follows: Competing Counties, 26,028; Other Counties, 24,422; Extra Allocation for Competing Counties, 5,777; Ard Comhairle, 786; Former Presidents, 641; Provincial Councils, 385; Handball, 162; Camogie, 120; Ladies Football, 140; Overseas, 520; Educational Bodies, 2,518; Public Representatives, 132; Staff and Sub-Committees, 1,466; Sponsors, 679; Ard Stiurthoir, 326; Media, 245; Players, 540; Minor Players, 70; Jubilee Teams, 313; Inter-County Panels, 1,920; Pairc an Chrocaigh Ltd., 198; Match Officials, 58; National Referees Panel, 42.

Does Paraic Duffy really need 326 tickets? What exactly are the educational bodies that receive over 2,500?

Kingscourt Stars

Well that certainly started a debate, even if it wasn't the aim! 

Personally can't see the problem with it.  Getting more expensive  to run juvenile clubs and this is a great prize that will go to a GAA fan for a €10.  That said, any tickets from a club allocation that make onto the black market and is bought by some desparate fan in Dublin on All-Ireland Sunday is another story altogether....

Anyway, If a few of ye can manage to purchase a couple over the coming weeks it would be much appreciated, or even just pass on the website link to anyone you think might be interested.

Word is spreading, a Kildare man based in Shanghai bought four tickets for the draw last night, I kid you not!!!!

ross4life

I'll probably buy a ticket later but to be honest the title of the thread should be changed to "raffle tickets" or maybe it was your aim to name the thread as it is?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Redhand Santa

In my opinion All Irleland final tickets should not be used as a money making scheme. The reason every club in Ireland gets them is to reward hard working club members and allow them access to the biggest game of the year. They are not being sent to the clubs to be raffled to the public so that anyone can get there hands on them. Its some of these packages that go on to be sold on ebay etc. If members of the club have no interest in going to the final they should be sent back to the competing counties.

Cde

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 18, 2010, 06:02:03 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 18, 2010, 03:16:52 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2010, 02:02:47 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on August 18, 2010, 12:08:26 PM
These draws make a mockery of the All Ireland ticket allocation system and questions have to be asked whether they should be allowed.

It brings into question the current system of allocation of AI tickets - 27,000 tickets are distributed to non-competing counties - draws like this are held up and down the country - why are competing counties left short while others are able to sell their tickets.

Scandalous. Take orders from the competing counties and let the remaining tickets go to whoever wants them. Is it true every living past president gets 100 tickets?

Not that I'm aware of, no

From http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/all-ireland-ticket-hunt-is-on/ :

Where the tickets go

For the record, this is how the tickets were distributed for the Kilkenny v Cork final in 2006. The capacity was 82,300, which left 67,488 for general circulation after deduction of 10,528 Premium and Box tickets, 4,143 long term Cusack Stand tickets and 141 "miscellaneous".

That 67,488 were distributed as follows: Competing Counties, 26,028; Other Counties, 24,422; Extra Allocation for Competing Counties, 5,777; Ard Comhairle, 786; Former Presidents, 641; Provincial Councils, 385; Handball, 162; Camogie, 120; Ladies Football, 140; Overseas, 520; Educational Bodies, 2,518; Public Representatives, 132; Staff and Sub-Committees, 1,466; Sponsors, 679; Ard Stiurthoir, 326; Media, 245; Players, 540; Minor Players, 70; Jubilee Teams, 313; Inter-County Panels, 1,920; Pairc an Chrocaigh Ltd., 198; Match Officials, 58; National Referees Panel, 42.

Does Paraic Duffy really need 326 tickets? What exactly are the educational bodies that receive over 2,500?

Most school principles get 2 tickets for the school.

As far as I know clubs cannot sell tickets for more than the face value and must get permission from Croke Park if they want to raffle their tickets

rosnarun

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 18, 2010, 10:46:41 PM
Only time that this principal has received 2 tickets for an AI final is when a Tyrone team has contested the final and the Tyrone County Board has been kind enough to provide 2 tickets.  There is no distribution of tickets to schools from Croke Park.

Ulster Colleges do distribute tickets to schools but I would doubt that many principals get them, as far as I know they are never posted to the school principal. Does anyone know differentlly.

Some one could be hiding them from you TYP
i know there is in the south for every final and they are well deserved .I think it is the team coaches rather than the principal that gets them. Schools coaches are a vital part of the the GAA system and often these are guys living away from home and outside the club system ,
no Im not a teacher

BTW
can some one make that distribution list a Sticky to save the usual wailing and Gnashing of teeth as sept approaches
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

down6061689194

Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2010, 01:59:23 PM
Quote from: boojangles on August 18, 2010, 12:05:24 PM

Every county deserves its allocation and every club deserves its allocation. Its up to an individual club to use their tickets as best they see fit. Its just not possible for every single fan from competing counties to get a ticket. Thats the way it has always been and it won't change now just because the Dubs have a chance. Dublin is an obvious case where there are just too many clubs and fans competing for tickets but c'est la vie.

Best of luck Kingscourt Stars, I'l be in contact.

It's nothing to do with the fact that Dublin have a chance of making the final - it's everything to do with an unfair distribution system.

Ticket distribution for competing counties should be based on club affiliations - not the amount of people who claim to have  been at every game that year since O'Byrne/Mckenna cup etc.

Surely thats the only surefire reason.
If Down make the All-Ireland Final, and I have spare tickets, I wouldn't dream of selling to anyone who wasn't at the Longford Qualifier. And I'd look for quite a bit more. If someone who I know goes to no games at all asked for a ticket I'd tell them I don't think they should get a ticket.

I've missed one Down game all year, had I bought a season ticket I'd qualify with ease for a ticket, but it didn't work for me so I paid by game.
If I'm not at the final I will be very annoyed, especially at the bandwagon that are 'following' down inside.

snoopdog

Quote from: down6061689194 on August 19, 2010, 09:29:03 AM

Every county deserves its allocation and every club deserves its allocation. Its up to an individual club to use their tickets as best they see fit. Its just not possible for every single fan from competing counties to get a ticket. Thats the way it has always been and it won't change now just because the Dubs have a chance. Dublin is an obvious case where there are just too many clubs and fans competing for tickets but c'est la vie.

It's nothing to do with the fact that Dublin have a chance of making the final - it's everything to do with an unfair distribution system.

Ticket distribution for competing counties should be based on club affiliations - not the amount of people who claim to have  been at every game that year since O'Byrne/Mckenna cup etc.

If Down make the All-Ireland Final, and I have spare tickets, I wouldn't dream of selling to anyone who wasn't at the Longford Qualifier. And I'd look for quite a bit more. If someone who I know goes to no games at all asked for a ticket I'd tell them I don't think they should get a ticket.

I've missed one Down game all year, had I bought a season ticket I'd qualify with ease for a ticket, but it didn't work for me so I paid by game.
If I'm not at the final I will be very annoyed, especially at the bandwagon that are 'following' down inside.

So If you had a spare ticket and say someone like myself who has been to all Games this summer and majority of league games including Newbridge and Mullingar, but couldnt go to newry for the Longford game due to work commitments, you wouldnt sell me your spare ticket becuase i wasnt in Newry that horrible wet night.

Bit unfair dont you think.
??? ???

Lazer

Quote from: snoopdog on August 19, 2010, 12:25:50 PM
Quote from: down6061689194 on August 19, 2010, 09:29:03 AM

So If you had a spare ticket and say someone like myself who has been to all Games this summer and majority of league games including Newbridge and Mullingar, but couldnt go to newry for the Longford game due to work commitments, you wouldnt sell me your spare ticket becuase i wasnt in Newry that horrible wet night.

Bit unfair dont you think.
??? ???

I agree - I missed the Longford games due to a firends wedding but have been to the McKenna Cup and league matches as well as the rest of the rest of the championship games.

I think the people who deserve the tickets are those that have supported their county throught the goods times and the band, in winter and summer etc.

The reason I don't have a season ticket is 2 fold
1) I prefer the terrace to the seats
2) My Family goes with me to the games and Dad gets seniors discount,another member is a student, so the season ticket doesn't pay for them and we all like to be beside each other the games.

If they brought out a Terrace version and concession versions of the seasons tickets I'd happily get one!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

swagger

Lazer, im almost sure the season tickets are available for the terrace!

And agreeing with some of the rest of the posters, id very extremely annoyed if down were to make it to the final and i were left without  a ticket. Il be competing with the prawn sandwich brigade that would never have dreamed of going to places like silgo, carlow, tullamore, portlaiose when the team were on as bad an ebb as ive ever seen! Its sad that people who have been to the majority of games will be bumped off by people who are going to their first match this year getting tickets handy, and sadly this happens every year!
riiiiiiiiiite

Cosmo Kramer

I absolutely despise the ticket allocation system for AIFs. Raffling off tickets locally is one thing, but the last time Mayo were in the All Ireland we had fcukers from some club in Armagh down here selling raffle tickets for their own club draw. It was shameful opportunism, but people were desperate so they were cleaning up.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Sure they usually end back in the Counties that are competing, is it that long since you had to look for an All-Ireland ticket  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

PhilsJemmysField

Kingscourt Stars are a good Club trying their best in a fairly tough town they need support. They are working hard with a real good decent committed Gaa Club Chairman. Had a great game of football ourselves at minor this year with them and have a few good County prospects coming on. They have decided they need a few bob so they have a raffle, lots of club do that. They need support buy a bloody ticket of them and leave the lad alone. 

Kingscourt Stars

Cheers Phil,

To be honest I think it's gas the carry on that the thread started. 

Just as well we opted for the All-Ireland Final Tickets raffle and not the other option..... Tickets for Two to shoot some baby pandas!

God knows what backlash that would have got?????

heffo

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on August 20, 2010, 04:31:54 PM
Kingscourt Stars are a good Club trying their best in a fairly tough town they need support. They are working hard with a real good decent committed Gaa Club Chairman. Had a great game of football ourselves at minor this year with them and have a few good County prospects coming on. They have decided they need a few bob so they have a raffle, lots of club do that. They need support buy a bloody ticket of them and leave the lad alone.

1. Your post is littered with redundant information - the first three sentences could be applied to any club in the country.
2. Your county colleague spammed the forum  - user's of this forum are entitled to comment on his post and the wider implications of AI ticket distribution.
3. There is no need to 'leave the lad alone' - no-one has personalised anything