Banty - Should I stay or Should I go?

Started by Orangemac, August 11, 2010, 11:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Not a very resounding vote of confidence in Banty if they want to open it to nominations ?.

Banty might walk in the meantime.

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 17, 2010, 12:25:35 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on August 17, 2010, 11:11:20 AM
heard costs might be the issue for bantys reinstatement.

Is it not the case that he is already a major contributor to the county coffers?

Apparently so but maybe it's a case like Galway where they feel that costs need to be reduced given the current climate ?.

JMohan

Quote from: orangeman on August 17, 2010, 12:40:06 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on August 17, 2010, 12:25:35 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on August 17, 2010, 11:11:20 AM
heard costs might be the issue for bantys reinstatement.

Is it not the case that he is already a major contributor to the county coffers?

Apparently so but maybe it's a case like Galway where they feel that costs need to be reduced given the current climate ?.

I have no idea, but I can only assume he wasn't the major contributor anymore.

The only reason for saying that is that after 6 or 7 years or whatever it is, I'd be amazed if he was still the major one!
Surely it would have cost him millions if that was the case? Perhaps he is - I'm just guessing.

I do think at the start he was the main one though.

But as someone else said - after 7 years or whatever it is I'm surprised at them not giving him another shot.

Would another county try and tempt him? Cavan maybe? Fermanagh?

naka

wonder where this leaves Grimley or will he go for manager

lynchbhoy

Quote from: JMohan on August 17, 2010, 08:11:24 AM
However, Roe isn't bitter about the decision to approve McNulty, who has managed club teams successfully in Cavan and Dublin.
this is the bit I am having difficulty with. While J McN had success as manager in Cavan winning a co title, he was an unmitigated disaster in the club in Dublin. They are only now recovering from his tenure.

donelli

just heard there that banty has withdrew his intention to carry on as monaghan manager....

Maguire01

Quote from: donelli on August 17, 2010, 04:52:05 PM
just heard there that banty has withdrew his intention to carry on as monaghan manager....
Not good news. I think some people might need a reality check.

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 17, 2010, 05:32:16 PM
Quote from: donelli on August 17, 2010, 04:52:05 PM
Not good news. I think some people might need a reality check.
[/b]

It could be too late for that.

Schkite

Here's what the man himself had to say...

Statement from Seamus McEnaney               17th Aug 2010

I thought long and hard about my own future as Monaghan team manager after our exit from the 2010 championship.
I listened to people whose views matter to me. I listened in particular to the experienced players. For me the most important people in any football environment are the PLAYERS. I came to the conclusion that with a further 3 years we had every prospect of making further progress on the strides we had made over the last 6 years, considering where this team came from to now being one of the top teams in the country. Monaghan football is in a great place right now and what is most important is the future of Monaghan football and the continued progression of this group of players.
The decision of Monaghan GAA County Committee to now ask for nominations for the job that I have been privileged and honoured to hold can be interpreted in different ways. One perspective is that there are some who feel that I may not be the man to continue to lead this team.
Do I wish my name to go forward and perhaps be part of a "competition" for the post I have held for the last 6 years??
Well, that's a prospect I will now have to think very carefully about.

There will be no further comment about this issue at this present time.

haranguerer

Just struck me - I wonder would he have engineered it all a la Max Clifford...Banty loves being talked about  :D

Seriously though, bad form from the delegates. Reality check needed indeed.

Orangemac

He should get out now with his head held high. This team has no more improvement in it and he could maybe come back in a few years time rather than leave under a cloud.

You wonder though what planet some of these club delegates are on. If it is a financial matter well fair enough if they are worried about the overall cost but if it is something personal or the fact that they think someone else would do a better job, well all I can say is these people have short memories.

Remember the scenes of celebration when Finlays free dropped into the net to win the Div 2 league final in 2005. Monaghan are arguably the 3rd best team in Ulster this year and have consistently been around Div 1.

An Ulster title would have been great but I'm not sure what some people expect.

naka

Main Street

under the bar

QuoteJoe is available  ::)

Big Joe?

Well he's hardly talking about wee Joe McElderry now.

Main Street

Quote from: under the bar on August 18, 2010, 01:07:24 PM
QuoteJoe is available  ::)

Big Joe?

Well he's hardly talking about wee Joe McElderry now.

They should have changed the family name to Elderberry.