Football Boots

Started by stiffler, February 16, 2007, 07:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

I need a new pair of boots for the new season( well you have to look the part sitting on the bench), not too sure what to go for. Anyone any reccomendations. I prefer the puma king boots to predators, i dont want a white pair or anything stupid like that.

cheers
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Syd The Sailor

Stiffler.....Try www.prodirectsoccer.com I usually get my boots from there, they have every boot under the sun and usually have a load of boots on sale. Puma Kings are hard to beat though.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

behind the wire

adidas world cup or puma king, the best selling boots on the market, speaking from experience. adidas is a narrower fit.

also, the new puma konstruct is a great boot, look out for some of the cross players wearing them.

nike air legend is also a good boot, especially for someone looking a broader fit.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Hereiam

Got a pair of predators and the left one is cutting the ankle of me. Spent 70 quid on them and don't want to chuck them away. Just hope with a bit more wear they will stretch a bit, wishing I had of got a pair of puma's after talkin to a few people.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Hereiam on February 16, 2007, 11:55:07 PM
Got a pair of predators and the left one is cutting the ankle of me. Spent 70 quid on them and don't want to chuck them away. Just hope with a bit more wear they will stretch a bit, wishing I had of got a pair of puma's after talkin to a few people.

Put some baby gel on the ankle till it breaks in,  will work wonders.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Over the Bar

It's usually the players who couldn't kick sh*te out of a bucket who turn up to training wearin predators and get laffed out of it.

tyroneboi

would advise ya to get either adidas predator, adidas world cup, adidas copa mundial or the puma king exec. Copa Mundial for the hard ground in the summer would be my choice.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 17, 2007, 12:14:47 PM
It's usually the players who couldn't kick sh*te out of a bucket who turn up to training wearin predators and get laffed out of it.
I think some of those players are playing in Omagh at the minute with white jerseys.......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Deal_Me_In

Does anyone out there know anything about the Nomis Glove football boot? Anyone wear them? Have read some reviews saying they are very good and were voted the no.1 boot in Soccer International Boot test last year streaks ahead of the likes of adidas predator (full results below). Have just bought a pair and was wondering if anyone could tell me first hand what they are like or know of anyone who wears them.

From Soccer International Boot Review:

Both Nomis boots scored top marks for the three all-important performance related categories: “touch/feel”; “comfort”; and “stability/manoeuvrability”. They also received perfect scores for the “value for money” category. The only category where The Spark didn’t receive full marks was “aesthetics”, where the boot still managed a healthy score of four out of five.

The boots included in the Boot Test were: adidas Predator Absolute; adidas Predator Absolion; adidas 7406; Andreas Italia; Andreas Futura; Umbro XAI IV Premier; Diadora Brasil; Diadora Totti 10 Pro; Errea Super Top; Errea Prima Top; Hummel 6.2 Concept Gold; Hummel 4.2 Concept; Hummel Villa Park; Kelme Victor 18; Kelme Milennia II; Kelme Euro Evo; Lotto Sheva 7 Extreme; Lotto Stadio; Lotto Vento KL; Lotto Vertigo; Lotto Zhero + FG-3F; Nike Air Legend; Nike Air Zoom Total 90 III; Nike Mercurial Vapor III; Nomis The Spark Wave FG; Nomis Wet Control Glove; Puma King; Puma Konstrukt Gci; Puma v1.06 I FG; Reebok Integrity Campana; Reebok Match Ready; Reebok StrikeZone; Uhlsport 11 P.Nedved; Umbro X Boot ll-R.

The Full results are:
----------------------------------------------------
1 Nomis Glove – 25/25
2 Nomis Spark Wave – 24/25
3= Andreas Futura – 23.5/25
3= Lotto Sadio – 23.5/25
5 Hummel Villa Park – 23/25
6= Lotto Zhero + FG-3F – 22.5/25
6= Nike Air Legend – 22.5/25
8= Andreas Italia – 22/25
8= Puma v1.06 I – 22/25
8= Uhlsport 11 p.Nedved – 22/25
11= Adidas 7406 – 21.5/25
11= Kelme Euro Evo – 21.5/25
13= Adidas Predator Absolute – 21/25
13= Diadora Totto 10 Pro – 21/25
13= Errea Prima Top – 21/25
13= Lotto Sheva 7 Extreme – 21/25
17= Kelme Milennia II – 20.5/25
17= Nike Air Zoom Total 90 III – 20.5/25
17= Umbro X Boot II-R – 20.5/25
---------------------------------------------------
20= Diadora Brasil – 20/25
20= Lotto Vento KL – 20/25
20= Puma Konstrukt GCI – 20/25
20= Reebok StrikeZone – 20/25
24= Hummel 6.2 Concept Gold – 19.5/25
24= Nike Mercurial Vapor III – 19.5/25
26= Adidas Predator Absolution – 19/25
26= Hummel 4.2 Concept – 19/25
28 Puma King – 18.5
29= Kelme Victor 18 – 18/25
29= Umbro XAI IV Premier – 18/25
31 Errea Super Top - 17.5/25
32 Lotto Vertigo – 17/25
33 Reebok Integrity Campana – 16.5
34 Reebok Match Ready – 15/25

MauriceMalpas

Adidas Copa Mundials.
Cant go wrong really.

orangeman

Do the full backs still wear rugby boots with the long studs ?

his holiness nb

Try the o'neills boots, the black and gold ones, got them this year and am very impressed
Ask me holy bollix

T O Hare

dont get the addidas f50's.. done my knee in them twicw in the space of a few months.. and for the price of them, i still could nt shoot  :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Puckoon

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 17, 2007, 12:14:47 PM

Players like, canavan, calvan, mcguigan, mulligan, the rock and mulgrew? Feckin eejit!

Ive worn the copas, the new kings and the new predators in the last year (dont start, I get enough from the wife) and I think its just a matter of opinion. The copas are great, but they lose shape very easy, and If you have a broad foot, stay away from them, youll end up kicking the ball like you are wearing a pair of workin boots. The pumas are very very good, as are the predators. Personal choice really. If you dont want to wear a boot with any sort of flashiness, plump for the pumas.

I dont know what the shipping to back home is like, but check out www.worldsoccershop.com. I just checked out that previous website someone posted to you, and the one I am recommending has the same selection, but for boots like the pumas and copas, its a whole bunch cheaper, especially with this feckin dollar.

Cloc Mor

QuoteI dont know what the shipping to back home is like, but check out www.worldsoccershop.com. I just checked out that previous website someone posted to you, and the one I am recommending has the same selection, but for boots like the pumas and copas, its a whole bunch cheaper, especially with this feckin dollar.

Heres what I was quoted for a pair of Puma Kings

Shopping Cart  
Item                                             Options               Unit Price       Qty.        Cost
Puma King Top FG (Black/White)     Size : 9.5            $79.99              1         $79.99

Subtotal:  $79.99
Shipping:  $66.87
Tax:  $0.00
Total:  $146.86

Shipping (international) nearly the same as the boots themselves.  Doesn't make for a cheap pair of boots as same price as they are here.