USPGA Championship 2010

Started by The Real Laoislad, August 10, 2010, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Interesting to see what the result of Johnson's mistake will be.

Insightful contribution there sammy - I am sure beating the yanks on their own turf is exactly what Kaymer is thinking about alright. ::)

Geoff Tipps

Puckoon

Cruel if it pans out that way. He has had some bad luck in majors this year - but he will win one soon enough I think.

Geoff Tipps

Dinny Breen

Very harsh on DJ if he does get a two shot penalty, how could they classify that as a bunker..
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 16, 2010, 12:15:18 AM
Definitely grounded it.

It looks like he might have - but I dont know what footage you are watching that is 100% conclusive?

sammymaguire

Oh awfully sorry Puck that I can't be bothered writing an insightful thesis for you at quarter past midnight on a play off in golf tournament apart from nailing my colours to the European. Rory was unlucky though ;-( eh??
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Puckoon on August 16, 2010, 12:16:29 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 16, 2010, 12:15:18 AM
Definitely grounded it.

It looks like he might have - but I dont know what footage you are watching that is 100% conclusive?

Yeah looking again. No 100% sure. Seems there's no issue it was a bunker. Notice in club house saying all sanded
areas are bunkers. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Puckoon

Yeah Sammy - he was unlucky - his putter just couldnt get the business done today.

Did you hear the reception he got from the mostly Yank crowd?

Maybe nail your colours to the European on his own merits - eh?

Gerry must be having serious discussions with the wife after this.

Geoff Tipps

He grounded the club. No question about that now.

The Real Laoislad

Ridiculous decision,how can they call that a bunker
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Tough tough break! You'd be sick after having two sundays like this at majors.

Bubba to take it - or lose by 3 shots.

Not ridiculous at all LL - it is the rule.

Schkite

Imagine he had holed that putt to win it and then got stripped of it!  :o

spuds

DJ's head must be wrecked, if he putted the short one at 18th he would have been jumping and celebrating the win
only to be told about the bunker/grounding the club sh1t

poor fecker
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Celt_Man

Jaysus some bit of drama tonight... I thought Rory might make a push for a play off but he seemed to be a tad unlucky in the end... Can't believe this craic with Johnson although going by the rte live text commentary and in the clubhouse it says 'all sand on the golf course are bunkers'. so it seems correct going by that??
or does it, give up on the live streaming as I couldn't handle the jumping stop start carry on
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010