Big Joe speaks

Started by Jinxy, August 08, 2010, 02:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Rick O Shea on August 10, 2010, 11:47:06 AM
Myles, as a Cavan man you must be outraged that Cavan didn't offer Derry a replay after the ulster final in '97:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2e2EV8vNDU

1.30: Wide given as a point.  I'm sure the No.12 knew it was wide, do you think he should have told referee or umpires?
2.55: Reilly double bounce before hitting a point, should he have told the referee it was a free out?
Both these players would've known that they "cheated"! Is that ulster final victory tainted?

I was on the hill that day right behind cunninghams kick and I was not sure whether it was over or not. Doubt cunningham was himself. But cunningham didn't try and cheat, he just took a shot. If it had been waved wide I doubt he would have chased after the ref roaring like a clown.

Likewise, I doubt Larry even realised he hopped it twice. If you played football you'd know that could easily happen. Again, he fouled the ball but did not consciuosly try to cheat. And I doubt if he had been blown he would have went roaring at the ref and denying what everyone seen with their eyes like certain Meath players and supporters.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2010, 09:25:23 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 09, 2010, 10:10:41 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 09, 2010, 09:20:16 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 09, 2010, 09:10:36 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 09, 2010, 08:59:55 PM
So much venom and hatred. That stuff will gnaw away at you and it will end badly.

Try to find a team to support, a cause to champion, something positive to espouse. Take my word for it - it's much more fulfilling than scouring the internet for people to slander and things to spit on. I know you haven't got much going for you up there with your arse to the slurry-scented wind, but broaden your self image a bit, align yourself with the wider Ulster identity and cheer for Down or something. Cheer, now. That's different to jeer.

I'd rather Cavan were shite than behave like ye did and have a medal.

Indeed - as I pointed out before, you're like the man who'd rather his own horse died that that his neighbour would get a horse. Such bitterness is sad to behold, frankly.

P.S. Cavan ARE shite, though, believe it or not, I'm sorry to see that. I'd love to see a resurgence in our neighnours' fortunes as, I'd wager would most of Meath. But that's the difference between sportsmanship and whatever it is that gives rise to your bitterness.

No Hardy, you misunderstand. I'll try and put it simple to you. Football is a sport. Winning football matches or medal through cheating is anti-sport. I would rather lose and be sporting than win by cheating. Your horsey analogy is balls. Whether you would like Cavan to win or not is irrelevant. You seem to think I have something against Meath, I didn't have anything against Meath prior to this match other than a local rivalry and you could also say I would have admired their spirit and never say die attitude. But I abhor cheating and poor sportsmanship which is what Joe Shieridan, the Meath Co Board and most Meath posters on this board have demonstrated. So you can keep posting crap about me being negative, bitter about Meath or whatever other rubbish you want - you are only doing to yourself in my eyes what Big Joe is doing to himself in the media.

Sorry, Myles. That's an unconvincing attempt to recover face, hilariously ruined by your hapless choice of ideal sportsman that followed. Bullseye in the foot, I'm afraid. 

You try to make a misguided point by choosing a nazi-saluting hero of soccer as a paragon of sportsmanlike conduct while going out of your way to excoriate a neighbour. Enough said and demonstrated about your pathetic sporting values.

Again you attack me Hardy. It is you who can't argue the points but just attack the man. It is you that is pathetic. It is you that can't even engage on any of the issues. Did you ever think of running for governemnt in Israel. Look if you are happy to win by cheating and if you place any value on that Leinster title then great for you.

Jinxy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 10, 2010, 12:18:01 PM
Myles, as a Cavan man you must be outraged that Cavan didn't offer Derry a replay after the ulster final in '97:

1.30: Wide given as a point.  I'm sure the No.12 knew it was wide, do you think he should have told referee or umpires?
2.55: Reilly double bounce before hitting a point, should he have told the referee it was a free out?
Both these players would've known that they "cheated"! Is that ulster final victory tainted?

I was on the hill that day right behind cunninghams kick and I was not sure whether it was over or not. Doubt cunningham was himself. But cunningham didn't try and cheat, he just took a shot. If it had been waved wide I doubt he would have chased after the ref roaring like a clown.

Likewise, I doubt Larry even realised he hopped it twice. If you played football you'd know that could easily happen. Again, he fouled the ball but did not consciuosly try to cheat. And I doubt if he had been blown he would have went roaring at the ref and denying what everyone seen with their eyes like certain Meath players and supporters.

Myles, you haven't a leg to stand on here.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 10, 2010, 12:22:56 PM
Again you attack me Hardy. It is you who can't argue the points but just attack the man. It is you that is pathetic. It is you that can't even engage on any of the issues. Did you ever think of running for governemnt in Israel. Look if you are happy to win by cheating and if you place any value on that Leinster title then great for you.

I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking the bitterness that pervades your posts and renders them unworthy of consideration as any sort of contribution to the debate. I detest that kind of attitude to sport, as I'm tiring of pointing out to you.

I would have thought your soccer example that backfired like a rusty blunderbuss would have caused you to stop making a spectacle of yourself here, but no. You're back for more with a breathtaking piece of hypocrisy when Rick points out to you the obvious dishonesty in your attitudes. Sorry, but that's any lingering vestige of credibility utterly shredded.

Are you going to go for the hat-trick?

Canalman

Lads, calm down. There is a reason for having a referee arbitrating games.

For what it's worth Meath (usually canny people) erred badly in allowing JS to speak to media after the match. This imo is the biggest and only booh booh made by JS.

HE IS NOT A CHEAT.

muppet

The whataboutery has been done to death. In this case the referee admitted he was wrong to give the goal, seemed to know it at the time when he said he was going to give a penalty (which was also probably wrong) and then as we were over time blew up straight after the kick-out.

The likelihood that many many Louth careers could be defined as 'never won Leinster' because of the above should have nothing to do with the merits of the argument but unfortunately it magnifies the significance of the error.
MWWSI 2017

Applesisapples

As Roy Keane might say for feck's sake let it go!!

The face

FYI "Big Joe" is Joe Kernan, Joe Sheridan was  "Cheating Joe" and now he's "Idiot Joe". Of course based on the Kildare game and the last 2 semi finals he could be "Bottler Joe".

haranguerer

::) Why? He was very good against Kildare.

The face

He was good when Meath were good but when they needed someone to stand up in the second half he went missing, as he did against Louth

Hardy

There's a spot for you on the Sunday Game. You could take over from Davis. At least your accent can't be as bad.

Applesisapples

Quote from: The face on August 11, 2010, 02:31:56 PM
He was good when Meath were good but when they needed someone to stand up in the second half he went missing, as he did against Louth
He wasn't missing when it counted!! :D

Jinxy

Quote from: The face on August 11, 2010, 02:31:56 PM

Did you not see him being pushed over the line?  ???
If you were any use you'd be playing.