Strongest intercounty player

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2010, 01:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Declan Sullivan is a hard man to knock off a ball.

BallyhaiseMan

Cavans Lorcan Mulvey would have to be up there,
Hes an awful bear of a man, about 6'2 and probably close to 16 stone and as strong as a horse.

orangeman

Hub is a strong boy.

Dara Se was a strong boy as well.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 04, 2010, 04:27:06 PM
Hes an awful bear of a man, about 6'2 and probably close to 16 stone and as strong as a horse.
16 stone and 16 brain cells

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 04, 2010, 04:35:59 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 04, 2010, 04:27:06 PM
16 stone and 16 brain cells

:D  :D
Jaysus il never get over what he did against wicklow,f**k sake.
He could do with laying off the weights,as he is fit,but hes carrying way too much bulk for a guy of 6'2 and it affects his mobility big time.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: the colonel on August 04, 2010, 03:38:26 PM
Cormac Donnelly of Antrim must be in with a shout. Huge fella. Sent Aisake flying on his arse a couple of weeks ago. I know Aisake isn't hugely built but had at least has 4 inches on Hippy

Fixed that for you colonel.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Applesisapples

Quote from: DoireGael on August 04, 2010, 04:15:23 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on August 04, 2010, 04:02:09 PM
In response to a previous poster, the definition of the strongest county player has to be the ability to hold off opponents on the field.  The gym has nothing to do with it.

Tomas O'Se is a definite candidate,  I think Charlie Vernon is a few years off the pace just yet.

Geoffrey Mcgonigle agus Rory Woods  :D :D

In terms of gym work but theres very few beating Vernon.
Geoffrey and Rory workout in Supermac's

whiskeysteve

Pound for pound Martin Penrose is a strong wee bugger. Been v impressed with his ability at holding off much bigger men, though im sure he is also as much aided by his low centre of gravity, pace and balance.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Puckoon

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on August 04, 2010, 03:37:59 PM
pearse o'neill. eoghan o'gara is also a tank of a man

He as the turn lock of one too.

thewobbler

Nicholas Walsh, Eoin Lennon, Fergal Doherty would be some of the men in Ulster who I fancy would win a bit of bull wrestling.

Stevie O'Neill would be right up there. Different build, but it would be easier to knock down the Great Wall of China.

norabeag

Quote from: thewobbler on August 04, 2010, 06:27:00 PM
Nicholas Walsh, Eoin Lennon, Fergal Doherty would be some of the men in Ulster who I fancy would win a bit of bull wrestling.

Stevie O'Neill would be right up there. Different build, but it would be easier to knock down the Great Wall of China.
What about Down's Conor laverty? Ounce for Ounce up with the biggest of them ;D

GBXII

Have to say O'Gara from Dublin looks like an animal...he threw a few Tyrone boys around Croker last week fairly easily.

souljaboy

Brendan McArdle, Kallum King and Coulter would be Downs
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

blanketattack

I'd say it's between Paul Galvin and Eoin Cadogan. Tommy Walsh will be the strongest if he comes back.