Strongest intercounty player

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2010, 01:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Watching the Meath-Kildare game and I was thinking is there anyone around as good as big Joe to hold off a defender and win possession at the same time.
He's animal strong.
Who would you reckon is the strongest player on your senior intercounty squad?
And before the Cavan lads start diving in with Bernard Morris we are talking about CURRENT county squads.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

Willie Heffernan

The Offaly lads will tell you!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

DoireGael

Charlie Vernon, Armagh? Big Fergal Doc for Derry wouldnt be far off it.

GrandMasterFlash

Dick Clerkin or Rory Woods for Monaghan. Animals...  ::)

John Martin

BallyhaiseMan

whats the measure of strength we are using???

Bench Press amount?
Squat amount?
Ability to knock players on their arse?

DoireGael

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on August 04, 2010, 02:00:02 PM
Dick Clerkin or Rory Woods for Monaghan. Animals...  ::)

Dick Clerkin yeah, had a good few battles with Fergal Doc a few times, but Rory Woods is just a smaller version of Geoffrey Mcgonigle  ;D ;D

The Forfeit Point

pearse o'neill. eoghan o'gara is also a tank of a man

the colonel

Cormac Donnelly of Antrim must be in with a shout. Huge fella. Sent Setanta flying on his arse a couple of weeks ago. I know Setanta isn't hugely built but had at least has 4 inches on Hippy
the difference between success and failure is energy

lynchbhoy

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Feckitt

In response to a previous poster, the definition of the strongest county player has to be the ability to hold off opponents on the field.  The gym has nothing to do with it.

Tomas O'Se is a definite candidate,  I think Charlie Vernon is a few years off the pace just yet.

DoireGael

Quote from: Feckitt on August 04, 2010, 04:02:09 PM
In response to a previous poster, the definition of the strongest county player has to be the ability to hold off opponents on the field.  The gym has nothing to do with it.

Tomas O'Se is a definite candidate,  I think Charlie Vernon is a few years off the pace just yet.

Geoffrey Mcgonigle agus Rory Woods  :D :D

In terms of gym work but theres very few beating Vernon.

ross matt

Quote from: Feckitt on August 04, 2010, 04:02:09 PM

In that case Padraig Joyce is a contender.