Joe Kernan Steps down

Started by norabeag, August 03, 2010, 11:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 04, 2010, 07:22:52 PM
Was on TG4 there that Kernan is saying that the Galway county board were interfering with his running and even the selection of the team and that he wasn't given the freedom he was expecting.

True or not I don't know but I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

You understood the TG 4 news !!  Well done sir.. Something like

"ta an county board ag rith na foireann selection agus ni raibh an freedom ata se ag lorg aige"

ross matt

Was on TG4 there that Kernan is saying that the Galway county board were interfering with his running and even the selection of the team and that he wasn't given the freedom he was expecting.

Really surprised to hear that. Thought he was a chairman's appointment and Kiernan never came across as the type to put up with interference.

demusicman

I wonder would he come to Meath this coming season if there was a vacancy :P

Breffni_Yank

Joe for Cavan  ;D

I think i read on-line today your man O'Brien is stayin on with Meath

doohersarmy

not a big surprise, should have done a lot better with a v good armagh team. 1 A I, is a poor return. And anyone who takes k mcgeeney off with 10 mins to go in a all ireland semi when the game is in the balance, should never have been let near a team again. although as a tyrone man i was happy that he did.

Orangemac

Thanks for reminding us of 2005 Doohersarmy. Still feel sick thinking of it, that was the one that got away for us.

Martin Carney on Newstalk this evening, pulling no punches about the state of Galway football.

Basically he said they are perceived as being a big name when they have done nothing since 2001 and that Joe was under the illusion that there were better players available.

Also compared the situation to Maradona that the Galway co board were insisting on having say on backroom team and that this was the final straw for Big Joe

Applesisapples

Quote from: doohersarmy on August 04, 2010, 10:50:02 PM
not a big surprise, should have done a lot better with a v good armagh team. 1 A I, is a poor return. And anyone who takes k mcgeeney off with 10 mins to go in a all ireland semi when the game is in the balance, should never have been let near a team again. although as a tyrone man i was happy that he did.
Lotta truth there.

lawnseed

hes had another offer.... its obvious. put it another way he won,t be poking at a hole theres no rat in
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Barney

Kevin Walsh staying in Sligo. Where to now for Galway?

ross matt

Quote from: Barney on August 17, 2010, 08:07:09 AM
Kevin Walsh staying in Sligo. Where to now for Galway?
Surely Talty is now the main contender?
Former Galway player. Very experienced coach.
Unless the distance is a factor but the new motorway kinda rules that out....

seafoid

an bhfuil aon gaeilge ag Joe Ramhar?  Uirchill an Chreagain , location for one of the greatest poems in the Irish language is somewhere in the vicinity  of Cross. 

JMohan

Joe Ramhar!!!
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Galways plans stimied now!!!

Duine Eile

The names being mentioned locally include Liam Kerins, Pat Fallon, Alan Mulholland, Brian Talty and Pete Warren. Whoever gets it they're going to have a hell of a job on their hands.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on August 17, 2010, 09:40:24 AM

an bhfuil aon gaeilge ag Joe Ramhar?  Uirchill an Chreagain , location for one of the greatest poems in the Irish language is somewhere in the vicinity  of Cross. 

Ag Úirchill an Chreagáin sea chodail mé aréir faoi bhrón
'S le héirí na maidne tháinig ainnir fá mo dhéin le póig
Bhí gríosghrua ghartha aici agus loinnir ina céibh mar ór
'S gurbh é íocshláinte an domhain bheith ag amharc ar an ríoghain óir

2 mile from Cross in my home village of Creggan.  Wonderful place to go for a dander and look at the historical graves and manys the meander I had round the church and over by the Lawns, a few handy wee spots too for the auld teenage court :-*  A former poster on here would have a teuous claim to being a direct descendant of the great Art McCooey, or so his da told me ;)

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 18, 2010, 12:51:59 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 17, 2010, 09:40:24 AM

Ag Úirchill an Chreagáin sea chodail mé aréir faoi bhrón
'S le héirí na maidne tháinig ainnir fá mo dhéin le póig
Bhí gríosghrua ghartha aici agus loinnir ina céibh mar ór
'S gurbh é íocshláinte an domhain bheith ag amharc ar an ríoghain óir

2 mile from Cross in my home village of Creggan.  Wonderful place to go for a dander and look at the historical graves and manys the meander I had round the church and over by the Lawns, a few handy wee spots too for the auld teenage court :-*  A former poster on here would have a teuous claim to being a direct descendant of the great Art McCooey, or so his da told me ;)

When did Irish die out in that neck of the woods? I remember reading somewhere that there were still pockets of Irish in the north around the time of partition.