2010 All Stars

Started by 5 Sams, August 03, 2010, 04:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

anyone here have any early money on benny?

highball

Quote from: Banana Man on October 14, 2010, 09:05:41 AM
QuoteNot sure how John Galvin didn't make that team, he almost pulled Limerick back to get a win vs Kerry and dominated the Cork midfield in the qualifiers, and a Walsh gets one ahead of him. Nuts!   

not being smart highball but how many games did Limerick play this year? you need to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season to be in with a strong shout , having said that I don't know how canty deserved one

Well getting Man of the match vs Kerry in the Munster final after a loss, dominating Cork midfield in the next qualifier should come in ahead of a player that got taken off vs Rosscommon for sure. Look, this is suppose to be the best players in the country for any given position. Sure the more games you play the more exposure you get so the odds of winning is higher. Galvin almost pulled Limerick back to win the Munster final by himself against the AI champs (at the time) and was the best player on the field vs the current AI champs - that should stand for something. So I can't understand Walsh's inclusion in here. I would have put Galvin ahead of Keenan in here (Keenan deserves his however), who did Louth play this year that were close to Kerry or Cork?

Who picks the All Stars? Should in be the intercounty managers?

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on October 15, 2010, 05:46:11 PM
anyone here have any early money on benny?

Was gonna but someone here put me off saying he would be selected in the half forward line  :-\ Canty was 6/1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Sheedy

well done to brendy mc veigh,danny hughes,marty clarke and especially king benny on their all star awards.might be biased but thought kevin mc kernan desrved one as well.roll on 2011
nil satis nisi optimum

orangeman

Oh my God that was SO funny. Paddy Kielty and Paddy Mc Kenna were interviewd just now by Michael Lester.

Paddy Mc Kenna started and Michael Lester I think had to cut the interview short. The type of jokes / stories weren't altogether suitable for ealry evening television.

;) ;D

Minder

Wha is this f**king crap on now?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Any craic

are u referring to the dancing at the end?!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: orangeman on October 15, 2010, 07:50:33 PM
Oh my God that was SO funny. Paddy Kielty and Paddy Mc Kenna were interviewd just now by Michael Lester.

Paddy Mc Kenna started and Michael Lester I think had to cut the interview short. The type of jokes / stories weren't altogether suitable for ealry evening television.

;) ;D
Neil Delamare you mean??? Hilarious

orangeman

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 15, 2010, 08:00:38 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 15, 2010, 07:50:33 PM

;) ;D
Neil Delamare you mean??? Hilarious

Aye Neil Delamere. Apologies to Paddy Mc Kenna.

I'd say that's the last time Neil will be asked to do live TV with the GAA.

It was hilarious alright.

magpie seanie

The looks on the lads faces when that shite at the end was going on was priceless (especially Damian Hayes). Along with the interview with Kielty and especially Delamare that bombed it goes to show how crap RTE are. I'm pretty sure Lyster doesn't "have a feeling, that tonights gonna be a good night" .

T O Hare

Gaa meets X factor!! dire to say the least!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ross4life

Reading the reviews thankfully i missed it
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

orangeman

DownFanatic

I couldn't watch that dancing at the end. Embarassing beyond belief.