2010 All Stars

Started by 5 Sams, August 03, 2010, 04:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: western exile on October 12, 2010, 01:31:59 PM
Quote from: ross4life on September 25, 2010, 07:42:45 PM
Any player that scores 9/10 points in a All Ireland Final deserves an All-Star
From frees?  ???   

Don't underestimate the importance of a good free taker without him Down would be champs now, the last time i remember a individual performance like that was from Joyce in 2001.... 10 points all frees i think
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on October 11, 2010, 10:14:04 PM
When are these announced?

The awards cermony takes place on Friday night.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

imtommygunn

Don't think Goulding deserves one at all nor did he deserve MOTM (if he got it).

He was great last year but hasn't been anywhere near as good this year.

Frees alone do not deserve an all star.

McEneabey's mistake not near the magnitude of Sludden's. Early first half where no-one knows if it changed the face of game vs last chance in game which changes the face of the result. No contest.

blanketattack

The football ones are officially announced Thursday afternoon but will be leaked up to 24 hours beforehand.
The hurling ones are officially announced Friday night on TV but are leaked 4 or 5 hours beforehand.

The Worker

Quote from: blanketattack on October 12, 2010, 05:21:30 PM

The football ones are officially announced Thursday afternoon but will be leaked up to 24 hours beforehand.
The hurling ones are officially announced Friday night on TV but are leaked 4 or 5 hours beforehand.

thanks

belleaqua

Quote from: ross4life on October 12, 2010, 04:15:55 PM
From frees?  ???   

Don't underestimate the importance of a good free taker without him Down would be champs now, the last time i remember a individual performance like that was from Joyce in 2001.... 10 points all frees i think

Joyce kicked 5 or 6 points from play that day while being marked by Darren Fay, very different performance than Gouldings.

Duine Eile

Quote from: belleaqua on October 12, 2010, 07:07:15 PM
From frees?  ???   

Joyce kicked 5 or 6 points from play that day while being marked by Darren Fay, very different performance than Gouldings.

5 points from play and 5 from frees.

superblues

any word will these be leaked today

drici

1 Brendan McVeigh Down
2 Peter Kelly Kildare
3 Michael Shields Cork
4 Charlie Harrison Sligo
5 Paidi Kiissane Cork
6 Graham Canty Cork
7 Philip Jordan Tyrone
8 Paddy Keenan Louth
9 Aidan Walsh Cork
10 Daniel Hughes Down
11 Martin Clarke Down
12 Johnny Doyle Kildare
13 Colm Cooper Kerry
14. Bernard Brogan Dublin
15. Benny Coulter Down

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: drici on October 13, 2010, 04:59:27 PM
1 Brendan McVeigh Down
2 Peter Kelly Kildare
3 Michael Shields Cork
4 Charlie Harrison Sligo
5 Paidi Kiissane Cork
6 Graham Canty Cork
7 Philip Jordan Tyrone
8 Paddy Keenan Louth
9 Aidan Walsh Cork
10 Daniel Hughes Down
11 Martin Clarke Down
12 Johnny Doyle Kildare
13 Colm Cooper Kerry
14. Bernard Brogan Dublin
15. Benny Coulter Down

Surprised Rory O'Carroll, Kevin McKernan and Emmet Bolton didn't make it but I suppose they had to get some Cork men in there somewhere. Is this the first time the AI winners haven't been out there on their own in terms of All-Stars? It's actually not a bad team as All-Stars go...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Zulu

Canty doesn't deserve an All Star on his performances this year IMO. Dara McAuley should be in instead on Keenan as well, I'd quibble with one or two more but Canty and Keenan are the only two that definitely wouldn't have made my team, with Keenan being a bit unlucky.

Croí na hÉireann

Ah Jaysus Zulu, Keenan was the best midfielder on view this summer, agree on Canty though.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Louth Exile

Not a bad team overall and not a Meath man among them  ;)

Fair Play to Paddy Keenan on becoming Louth's first ever All Star, also looking set to be our first ever international player if reports are to be believed. All that is missing was lifting the Delaney Cup. Anyone who thinks he shouldn't be on the team hasn't a clue!!

Kissane can count himself lucky and I wouldn't have had Peter Kelly in their myself. Aidan Walsh had a very good AI final, but John Galvin can feel agrieved, that should have been his spot.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Jinxy

Quote from: belleaqua on October 12, 2010, 07:07:15 PM
From frees?  ???   

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

SLIGONIAN

Suprised but delighted Charlie Harrison got one ;D. Feel sorry for Galvin though he didnt although Aidan Walsh was unbelieveable in final.

Congrats to Charlie, delighted too that Keenan, Doyle and Coulter finally get one.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"