2010 All Stars

Started by 5 Sams, August 03, 2010, 04:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Gooch score 1-27 in 5 matches which is a average of about 6 points per game about the same as Goulding, Doyle i believe
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

imtommygunn

Gooch was brilliant against Down. First time I ever saw him in the flesh. Felt sorry for him as he was one of few to perform.

INDIANA

Quote from: MCMLX on September 25, 2010, 12:26:40 AM
what has Cooper done this year to be included in the nominations never mind get an  All Star? D Raff kept him very quiet from play.

So if I'm playing corner forward and I win 6 converted frees, score 1 from play and directly assist 5 other scores you're going to tell me my marker has played better then me?

Strewth I've read it all here now. Gooch nearly beat Down on his own. And he was on his own that day.

haze

Quote from: MCMLX on September 25, 2010, 01:13:42 PM
Gooch nearly beat Down on his own? The penalty at the death took the bad look off the scoreboard from a Kerry perspective. I must have been at a different game, Dee Raff did an excellent job on the Gooch, I think Gooch only scored 1 from play.
On his day Gooch is miles ahead of anything else, I guess the Down game just wasnt his day.

I strongly suggest you re-watch the game because you missed a great performance by Gooch

Rossfan

Quote from: MCMLX on September 25, 2010, 01:13:42 PM
take the rest of your ilk with you. There is no place for behaviour lke we witnessed at the Leinster final in our games, you and your ilk brought shame on our games.
[/b]
And Mr Sludden, his umpires and the cowardly GAA top brass didnt I suppose
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Hardy on September 25, 2010, 02:04:14 PM
Quote from: MCMLX on September 25, 2010, 01:13:42 PMyou and your ilk brought shame on our games.

Idiot.

Ach Hardy, I'd have thought a man of your calibre would avoid troll-feeding!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Onlooker

According to the prices quoted by Paddy Power Bookmakers, the team will be McVeigh, Kelly, O'Carroll, Shields, O'Leary, McKernan, Kissane, Keenan, Walsh, Hughes, Clarke, Doyle, Goulding, O'Connor, Brogan.   How many have they got wrong do you think.  Maybe - O'Carroll and Kissane.

Jinxy

Quote from: Onlooker on September 25, 2010, 06:39:04 PM
According to the prices quoted by Paddy Power Bookmakers, the team will be McVeigh, Kelly, O'Carroll, Shields, O'Leary, McKernan, Kissane, Keenan, Walsh, Hughes, Clarke, Doyle, Goulding, O'Connor, Brogan.   How many have they got wrong do you think.  Maybe - O'Carroll and Kissane.

I don't think the players highlighted deserve an all-star.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Any player that scores 9/10 points in a All Ireland Final deserves an All-Star

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Zulu

Quote from: Jinxy on September 25, 2010, 06:45:29 PM
Quote from: Onlooker on September 25, 2010, 06:39:04 PM

I don't think the players highlighted deserve an all-star.

Walsh certainly does IMO, people seem to be hung up on his poor shooting in earlier rounds but that aside he was still cleaning all round him. Both Kerry midfielders were taken off in the drawn game for example and he did well enough against Dublin and Roscommon too. Walsh and Dara McAuley would be my midfield, though Keenan would be unlucky to miss out, as would Galvin in Limerick.

O'Carroll deserves one too IMO.

Goulding certainly shouldn't get one and nor should O'Leary but Kissane might deserve one as he was pretty good all year.

The Worker

When are these announced?

western exile

Quote from: ross4life on September 25, 2010, 07:42:45 PM
From frees?  ???   

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: ross4life on September 25, 2010, 07:42:45 PM
he might deserve MOTM for kicking 9/10 points, but it shouldnt automatically get him an all star
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Zapatista

Quote from: Rossfan on September 25, 2010, 01:44:09 PM
And Mr Sludden, his umpires and the cowardly GAA top brass didnt I suppose

FFS he made a mistake give it a rest. McEnaney made a similar mistake in the AISF and we never heard the half of it.