2010 All Stars

Started by 5 Sams, August 03, 2010, 04:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Thanks for clearing that up paddy if you were you read back you would see that none of the Rossie fans here expect any all stars (just nominations) Shine scored one of the top scoring amounts in the history of Connacht finals & in the 4 Championship games he played he scored a average of 9 points per game, better than any other forward (or be it against lesser teams) been good at place kicks shouldn't be dismissed e.g Joyce in 2001 final & Peter Canavan 1995 final will tell you that

Claffey was excellent in all the Championship games he played & deserve a nomination
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Canalman

Am absolutely convinced Roscommon will get an Allstar this year. Shine won't be far off and there is a strong Rossie element in the media/journalistic waters to throw one their way.
Shine was also very good in U21 grade (even though I think this is discarded ).

heffo

It's far too early to say who'll get what, but I would say in a normal year Shine would get one - there have been quite a few stand out forwards this year so he may struggle to get one.

Only 21 and he still has to develop as he looks like he hasn't a muscle on his body - when he does fill out I'd expect to see him further out the field.

He has a bright future ahead of him.

DUBSFORSAM1

B Brogan probably will get player of the year to go with his all-star

Rois

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 22, 2010, 05:23:36 PM

I'd say he'd rather have had an All Ireland winners medal though.

Is it much consolation to get POTY when you don't even get to the final? Not saying he doesn't deserve it.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Rois on August 22, 2010, 05:34:49 PM

I'd say he'd rather have had an All Ireland winners medal though.

Is it much consolation to get POTY when you don't even get to the final? Not saying he doesn't deserve it.

Totally agree that the AI is the main one and what he wants more than anything but it's still a good honour for a player to have.

Tyrones own

Best forward in Ireland bar none IMO...simply unmarkable!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ONeill

Yep, Bernard had one of those years that Cooper, O'Neill etc have had in the past. Confidence that he could do anything was sky high.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mountainboii

Hard to see it. In the 15 years of the award, a non-finalist has never won Footballer of the Year.

passedit

Quote from: ONeill on August 22, 2010, 06:14:27 PM
Yep, Bernard had one of those years that Cooper, O'Neill etc have had in the past. Confidence that he could do anything was sky high.

O Neill in 05 and Cooper (pretty much any year) would not have failed to put O Gara through on goal or kick two horrible wides when the fat was in the fire.
Don't Panic

INDIANA

Quote from: passedit on August 22, 2010, 07:37:22 PM

O Neill in 05 and Cooper (pretty much any year) would not have failed to put O Gara through on goal or kick two horrible wides when the fat was in the fire.

Bollox to you. Best footballer in ireland currently bar none. None. And that includes Cooper.

Shrewdness

Bernard Brogan would walk onto any team in Ireland, which says what a player he is. Absolute top class.

GBXII

Agreed. In my opinion, based on league and champ form there is no-one near him or with the potential to get near him for the POTY award. Incredible player.

Zulu

I agree, Bernard Brogan should get POTY and I reckon he will. I don't think any Cork player has been consistently outstanding this year and I can't think of anyone from Down or Kildare that fits the bill either though lads who have seen more of those teams might disagree.

ONeill

Quote from: passedit on August 22, 2010, 07:37:22 PM

O'Neill in 05 hit some chronic wides in succession v Dublin. And would you have put O'Gara through today?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.