Now Hear This

Started by Pangurban, August 02, 2010, 01:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

I get it now . The new story teller is the indo innit.

http://www.desmondfennell.com/essay2.htm

Pangurban

I was saving the context until you all had spit your venom at the wrong target. The authors point was that anyone watching,listening to,or reading content emanating from all our so called national media, could only conclude that there was no such entity as an Irish Nation. Our medias constant mocking of our History,Religion and modern day politics, is intended to instil in us a sense of shame and embarrassment, which will cause us to question our own values and worth. This is being done to advance a liberal/consumerist agenda which will benefit big business.
I would strongly recommend a reading of the article by Desmond Fennel already alluded by b,carrier

ziggysego

Who was spitting venom?
Testing Accessibility

Pangurban

Sorry Ziggy i used the wrong phrase, waxed indignant would have been more appropiate

ziggysego

Na. I'm just a bit nervy, paranoid and full of angst these days. As a result, it's left me awkward and snappy. Not the easiest person to be around this weather ;)
Testing Accessibility

bcarrier

Quote from: Pangurban on August 02, 2010, 11:32:33 PM
I was saving the context until you all had spit your venom at the wrong target. The authors point was that anyone watching,listening to,or reading content emanating from all our so called national media, could only conclude that there was no such entity as an Irish Nation. Our medias constant mocking of our History,Religion and modern day politics, is intended to instil in us a sense of shame and embarrassment, which will cause us to question our own values and worth. This is being done to advance a liberal/consumerist agenda which will benefit big business.
I would strongly recommend a reading of the article by Desmond Fennel already alluded by b,carrier

There are causes for shame and embarassment though.

Western society looks pretty shaky at the minute ...we have large numbers who live to work, work to earn, earn to consume feeding a tax system funding a non working underclass with a sense of entitlement and a golden circle of thieves. Time we all coped on ... 

http://www.stwr.org/economic-sharing-alternatives/in-defence-of-downshifting-and-work-sharing.html