AISF 2010: An Dún vs Cill Dara

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 01, 2010, 06:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

yes Downs goal should have been disallowed and so should Kildares. The ref gave Kildare a lot of soft frees infront of the hill which i feel were to make up for the goal. McComiskey in the first half should have went for goal and againFitzpatrick in the second. If either one had went in the net Down would have won comfortably.
Overall Down were the better team, they had a lot more skill and overall deserved it. in my opinion.
Hopefully we can up it again for the Final.
Do feel a bit for Kildare but best team on the day won.

robbiegael

The game was played for 75 minutes so too much has been made of the square-ball goal - Kildare had ample time to turn things round. If I was a Kildare fan I would be asking where was the goalie - should have come out and hammered the ball and Benny at the same time. For me it was poor keeping as well as poor umpiring. But it didn't happen in the 69th minute but the 12th minute of the game!

There is no doubt too that Kildare's goal should have been blown for over-carrying - 7 steps before the 'tackle' and five after still is over-carrying! So things were evened out as they do over the whole game. Credit to both sides for giving it all and we got our money's worth.

At the end of 75 minutes the score-board read Down 1-16 Kildare 1-14 end of story.

Before the game I posted that Down would win because they had the most natural forward unit and that they were more effecient finishers and than the Kildare team. Kildare still have a tendeny to shoot too many wides.

Kildare are short two or three players from being an All Ireland winning side - a midfielder and another forward or two, especially someone with that little bit extra skill who can do something different. If I was McGeeney I would stay on because Kildare are an improving team and with a few additions could collect Sam in a year or two.

Seandoc

Superb match yesterday neither team deserved to lose.

Special mention to the Kildare supporters who were very gracious in defeat didn't hear any griping about the decisions that went against them.

As much a credit to the county as the players whose commitment and work rate was incredible.

paddypastit

Quote from: Seandoc on August 30, 2010, 05:15:04 PM
Superb match yesterday neither team deserved to lose.

Special mention to the Kildare supporters who were very gracious in defeat didn't hear any griping about the decisions that went against them

As much a credit to the county as the players whose commitment and work rate was incredible.
You definitely weren't the section that I was in!!
QuoteIf I was a Kildare fan I would be asking where was the goalie - should have come out and hammered the ball and Benny at the same time. For me it was poor keeping as well as poor umpiring. But it didn't happen in the 69th minute but the 12th minute of the game!
Very good and true point
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Armamike

Down were very impressive yesterday, very hardworking, controlled display, moved the ball very fast, and kept the mistakes down to a minimum. But the luck's hanging out of them and with that in mind i'd fancy their chances against Cork.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Wee Shea

Is there anywhere I can watch the match online? The RTE player isn't letting me, is there a way around this?

Orangemac

Best team won on the day. Few calls went Downs way undoubtedly but when they were on top at midfield they made hay as they have more natural forwards.

Great pace from the likes of Hughes, Poland. Great to see half forwards taking on their men at speed.Clarke was very good, composed on the ball and great vision but he's not the messiah ( or a very naughty boy) as some are making out.

Downs full back line was vulnerable but not tested enough by Kildare. Best compliment I could pay Fitzpatrick and King is that Rodgers wasn't missed.

Kildare were relentless in the last 10/15 minutes when the game seemed dead. Great credit is due to McGeeney and the team for the spirit they showed. They started well and finished well but will know that as individuals and as a team they were just not good enough for long enough.

Should be targeting Leinster next year and another semi final before we take McGeeney home.

you take er!

Congratulations to Down on making the final. As an Armagh man i would've have liked to see Kildare win due to Geezer an Aidan, but fully behind Down now. Fair play to wee James he seems to have sorted Downs defensive problems and brought the best out of their undoubted attacking talents. Good luck on 19/09/10

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Wee Shea on August 30, 2010, 09:16:30 PM
Is there anywhere I can watch the match online? The RTE player isn't letting me, is there a way around this?

BBC iplayer?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Wee Shea

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 30, 2010, 11:32:55 PM

BBC iplayer?

No not available on there, the last thing they have is Monaghan Fermanagh!

Think it is available on RTE come Wednesday.

passedit

Quote from: Wee Shea on August 31, 2010, 08:13:01 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 30, 2010, 11:32:55 PM

BBC iplayer?

No not available on there, the last thing they have is Monaghan Fermanagh!

Think it is available on RTE come Wednesday.
Hit the fermanagh link its there. Also rte coverage is on youtube. full match on rte player is 'ireland' only even after weds
Don't Panic

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

snatter

Brick Tamlin

That boys only getting warmed up, three weeks of it to go and yon cowboy will be stuck in everything.