Ulster Unity on Saturday!!!

Started by T O Hare, July 29, 2010, 11:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: blanketattack on July 29, 2010, 02:15:01 PM
The unity on Saturday will be as follows:
Tyrone and Dublin fans will be shouting for Down in the Kerry-Down game.
Kerry and most Down fans will be shouting for Dublin in the Tyrone-Down game.
A minority of Down fans will be shouting for Tyrone in the Tyrone-Down game.

Confused much?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 29, 2010, 02:27:15 PM
I never ever got this "cheering for your own province" carry on.

You never hear Kerry or Cork fans shouting for each other.... same goes for Meath and the Dubs...it seems to be a peculiarly Ulster tradition....one which I won't be participating in.....

Most Connacht do it too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ardal

was at a quarter final game a while back and some (lots) of the supporters supporting the Ulster team against Kerry were the most foul mouthed (especially the women), ignorant buch of animals I've ever had the misfortune to come across. On another occasion I was there and Down were in the minors semi, great day out as both Ulster counties supported each other. At the end of the day though, I'd find it hard not to support another Ulster team, so it's Down and Tyrone for me, as opposed to down with Tyrone.

DoireGael

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 29, 2010, 03:33:52 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 29, 2010, 02:27:15 PM
I never ever got this "cheering for your own province" carry on.

You never hear Kerry or Cork fans shouting for each other.... same goes for Meath and the Dubs...it seems to be a peculiarly Ulster tradition....one which I won't be participating in.....

Most Connacht do it too.

Well from working with leinster lads, (Dubs), from what I hear they support any leinster team over another provinces team apart from Meath

blanketattack

I doubt any other county in Munster will be supporting Kerry against Down.

tyronefan

Tyrone and Down on Saturday,  and Tyrone in the minors

pintsofguinness

I hope Down and Tyrone lose, would make my day.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Mike Sheehy

one of the most puzzling sights I ever saw was that Down fella that was one of the first on the pitch when Armagh won in 2002. Do ye not think its a bit ridiculous  jumping on each others bandwagons ? Can you imagine seeing a Kerry jersey running out on the pitch celebrating a Cork win.Unthinkable.Don't get me wrong,  I have a lot of Cork connections so I wouldn't mind too much if they won but, christ, there are limits.

It dilutes the whole thing really. I think it eats away at your county identity somewhat. Is it not strange that no Ulster county apart from Tyrone and Armagh have made the breakthrough recently (and now its Ulster just = Tyrone) ? and this despite the fact that we have been told for years that Ulster is the strongest province where teams are only a kick of a ball away from each other.

Could it be that some teams just lack that extra bit of motivation. I mean if you can "win" the all-ireland vicariously through another team then, sure, why would they bother their arse and put in the effort themselves.

Cde

when is the last time we have seen 4 or 5 Munster teams in the last eight as we have seen from the Ulster teams in the past decade

Or when has any other munster team other than Cork or kerry won the senior football AI

Kerry Mike

Quotewhen is the last time we have seen 4 or 5 Munster teams in the last eight as we have seen from the Ulster teams in the past decade

Is that what you measure success by, getting to the last 8 ???

QuoteOr when has any other munster team other than Cork or kerry won the senior football AI

1990 for Cork and Tipp in 1920 would be the last for seperate counties, thankfully the Kingdom have kept the Munster football flag flying proud over the decades with our 36 wins
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football