who will be in the final

kk + wat
kk + tip
cork +wat
cork + tip

AZOffaly

Quote from: Reillers on August 09, 2010, 11:40:44 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 09, 2010, 10:46:20 AM
Congrats to Kilkenny and thanks for yet again doing the GAA an immense service by dishing out a massive whipping to the guys refused to play for their county.

Where was your thanks for Cork thrashing Limerick? Double standards, as always.

I suppose Cork trashed lads who wanted to play for their county :D The lads who didn't want to play, weren't. Sorry, just being pedantic now.

A Quinn Martin Production

I wonder who the Cork players want as manager next year??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

magpie seanie

Brian Cody! They should go on strike if Cork county board don't appoint him.

gallsman

Delaney is only 28 - he came into the team for the 2002 season, Walsh a year younger and a year later. After Tommy's performance yesterday and Larkin destroying Gardiner, Walsh has surely racked up his 8th consecutive All-Star. Incredible.

Hickey is 29 or 30 but has had plenty of injuries over the years. Hopefully he can stay fit for a few, because he's an unreal hurler. Ideally I think Cody would love to have been able to move Hogan to full back when Hickey retires as Tennyson (undoubtedly a better hurler than Hogan) should have the CHB spot sown up, provided he can get bast the injuries of course. Two cruciate injuries by the age of 25 is terrible for any athlete.

brokencrossbar1

With all the skills, phyiscal attributes, willingness to work and will to win, I think the one thing that is most impressive about this KK group is that they are united.  They are very much a team together, AZ spoke of Hickey being the glue in the full back line, and that sums up everyone of them, stuck like glue.  Maybe it is the jersies but they are a bit like we were in Cross :P, hit one you hit us all, but that sort of unity is not easy to build and kudos must go to Cody for that.  But players who can be like that are special, history makers, and I feel humbled watching them as they go about their work.  I really hope they finish it out as there are no medals for winning the semi and whoever makes the final will have no issue about motivation.  It is how they channel that motivation that is important.

orangeman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 09, 2010, 12:50:53 PM
With all the skills, phyiscal attributes, willingness to work and will to win, I think the one thing that is most impressive about this KK group is that they are united.  They are very much a team together, AZ spoke of Hickey being the glue in the full back line, and that sums up everyone of them, stuck like glue.  Maybe it is the jersies but they are a bit like we were in Cross :P, hit one you hit us all, but that sort of unity is not easy to build and kudos must go to Cody for that.  But players who can be like that are special, history makers, and I feel humbled watching them as they go about their work.  I really hope they finish it out as there are no medals for winning the semi and whoever makes the final will have no issue about motivation.  It is how they channel that motivation that is important.
[/b]

There's no point trying to ruffle their feathers early on - look what they did to Waterford after Fitzy told them to rough up Tommy Walsh in the first few minutes of that AI.

Aisake tried to rough up a few of them yestersday and ended up being rather unceremoniously put on his hole.

Cadogan tried goading Richie Power and 1-8 later and the man of the match award,  Cadogan was left scratching his head.

lilpaulie85

sick to the teeth watching kilkenny winning the only thing i can see stopping them is a cut brake line on their train to dublin for the final, The run has to end at some stage but could honestly see them picking up 4 or five more A.I's before that happens. :'(
Chase the dream not the competition.

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on August 09, 2010, 12:59:39 PM
[/b]

There's no point trying to ruffle their feathers early on - look what they did to Waterford after Fitzy told them to rough up Tommy Walsh in the first few minutes of that AI.

Aisake tried to rough up a few of them yestersday and ended up being rather unceremoniously put on his hole.

Cadogan tried goading Richie Power and 1-8 later and the man of the match award,  Cadogan was left scratching his head.

In all fairness to Aisake, I think he was jostled first.

gallsman

Quote from: johnneycool on August 09, 2010, 01:24:52 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 09, 2010, 12:59:39 PM
[/b]

In all fairness to Aisake, I think he was jostled first.

Sunday Game showed an angle from behind the goal - entire incident actually started with Ben O'Connor on Tyrrell just behind the other two.

AZOffaly

Quote from: lilpaulie85 on August 09, 2010, 01:17:38 PM
sick to the teeth watching kilkenny winning the only thing i can see stopping them is a cut brake line on their train to dublin for the final, The run has to end at some stage but could honestly see them picking up 4 or five more A.I's before that happens. :'(

That's one way of looking at it, but I prefer to respect and admire their greatness. I'd love Offaly to dump them on their hole next year, but as of now all you can do is respect them, admire them, and thank God you're here to watch them. I'll be telling my little fella, and please god my Grandchildren, about Hickey, Tommy, Cha, Henry, and the rest.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: orangeman on August 09, 2010, 10:03:16 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 09, 2010, 09:32:52 AM
Super display by los gatos. I missed it 'live' because I was driving down from home to Newport, and had to divert through Kinnitty because of the Tullamore Show. Couldn't help thinking as I drove through Kinnitty what men like Brendan Keesham, Pat Deleaney and co make of this Kilkenny team. Kinnitty has produced some great hurlers over the years, but these lads are artists. As I was driving down and Michéal's dulcet tones were carrying me down the road, and point after point were going over the Cork crossbar in the first half, I just reflected how lucky we are to live in these times and to see this team.

Cork kept going, as they surely always will, but in fairness I think Kilkenny, once they stretched it to 17, decided to just keep ticking over.

I still think this great team can be beaten, but it is going to take something else now. It's going to take a team where you have 15 lads willing, able and skilled enough to look Tommy Walsh, Noel Hickey, Cha Fitzpatrick, Henry Shefflin, Ritchie Power, JJ Delaney and the rest square in the eye and say 'I'm going to beat you today. I'm going to win this battle'.

Kilkenny, in bringing the game to a place it has never been before, have also reduced it to it's bare bones, it's basest element. They have all the skills, but their modus operadum is quite simple really. Win the ball, over, and over again. And when you win it, use it to maximum effect.
[/b]

Their minors played the game the exact same way. Pundits were talking up this Galway minor team. And look what happened.

Kilkenny were favourites for that game. In Galway it was felt this year's team wasn't as good as the last few years.

orangeman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 09, 2010, 01:47:07 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 09, 2010, 10:03:16 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 09, 2010, 09:32:52 AM
Super display by los gatos. I missed it 'live' because I was driving down from home to Newport, and had to divert through Kinnitty because of the Tullamore Show. Couldn't help thinking as I drove through Kinnitty what men like Brendan Keesham, Pat Deleaney and co make of this Kilkenny team. Kinnitty has produced some great hurlers over the years, but these lads are artists. As I was driving down and Michéal's dulcet tones were carrying me down the road, and point after point were going over the Cork crossbar in the first half, I just reflected how lucky we are to live in these times and to see this team.

Cork kept going, as they surely always will, but in fairness I think Kilkenny, once they stretched it to 17, decided to just keep ticking over.

I still think this great team can be beaten, but it is going to take something else now. It's going to take a team where you have 15 lads willing, able and skilled enough to look Tommy Walsh, Noel Hickey, Cha Fitzpatrick, Henry Shefflin, Ritchie Power, JJ Delaney and the rest square in the eye and say 'I'm going to beat you today. I'm going to win this battle'.

Kilkenny, in bringing the game to a place it has never been before, have also reduced it to it's bare bones, it's basest element. They have all the skills, but their modus operadum is quite simple really. Win the ball, over, and over again. And when you win it, use it to maximum effect.
[/b]

Their minors played the game the exact same way. Pundits were talking up this Galway minor team. And look what happened.

Kilkenny were favourites for that game. In Galway it was felt this year's team wasn't as good as the last few years.

Ok but only slight favourites - I was in the bookies on Saturday - KK were 10/11 and Galway evens. Hardly rip roaring favourites.

mckieran

They will probably win it again this year (Especially if Waterford make the final).

But Kilkennys hunger has to go sometime. So I dont understand why people are so despondent about it. I prefer to look at the current one sided nature of hurling from Azoffalys point of view:

QuoteThat's one way of looking at it, but I prefer to respect and admire their greatness. I'd love Offaly to dump them on their hole next year, but as of now all you can do is respect them, admire them, and thank God you're here to watch them. I'll be telling my little fella, and please god my Grandchildren, about Hickey, Tommy, Cha, Henry, and the rest.

Kilkenny will not be here forever - Just enjoy them while they are!

seafoid

Sheff is in line to win 8 all Ireland senior medals. Up there with the greats.
Twice as many all-Irelands as Galway EVER won. There must be something in the water.   

theskull1

Did naughton go off injured yesterday or was he just punctured?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera