Previous topic - Next topic

who will be in the final

kk + wat
kk + tip
cork +wat
cork + tip

orangeman

Quote from: dowling on August 06, 2010, 12:50:25 PM
To be honest Naughton can do more than run. At midfield though he tends to run more across the pitch whereas around half forward it's more direct and that's when he's more of a threat for contributing to a goal threat on top of taking points.
On the journalists in general. Sure they all try to mix it to create stories, maybe ringing up some in the 'other camp' and and asking for a response to something the 'other crowd' didn't actually say.
Taking the point of the media should the GAA consider setting up it's own TV station? Or an online station? Is it feasible and financially viable?
Maybe that's for another thread though.

It was looked at but the lads wanted a % of all income. That was the end of that.

dowling

I suppose you would have to imagine the GPA would present financial difficulties but perhaps there would be a way to overcome that. If not and that was the main obstacle to setting up a station that would be a terrible indictment on where the GAA is at.

orangeman

Cha in for Rice - Fogarty in for Comerford

Bud Wiser

Can't wait for tomorrow to go see the Cats in action again.  Maybe some of the football counties who are complaining about lack of match practice when they win their Provincial Final should take a leaf out of Kilkennys book and put out two teams in training and do more ball work instead of pricking around with weights and fancy ideas. I am still going for a Kilkenny win and I think Noel Hickey will be well able to make the area around the square his own again and give a MOM performance which he will need to do against that big awkward looking O'Halpin.  Cat's v Waterford in Final with Waterford to scrape through is what I think !!
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

maxpower

I can see a big performance in Cork tomorrow if all the injured players are back approaching 100% but can see nothing other than a Kilkenny win with 4-8 points to spare
What happens next????

dowling

See John Gardiner thinks Cork need a low scoring game. Doesn't sound like a vote of confidence in his forwards.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2010, 11:17:36 AM
Did anyone see the indo today? Talk about making a story out of nothing. The headline was 'Ungracious Donal Óg gets both barrells from Kilkenny'.

The opening paragraph read... 'CORK goalkeeper Donal Óg Cusack was hit with a double-barrelled assault from Kilkenny last night ahead of next Sunday's grudge All-Ireland SHC semi-final.'

I was thinking, jaysus, that's not like them taking potshots before the game. So I went looking at quotes from Cody, Shefflin, Hickey, Walsh, anyone.

Nope.

This is what it was.

The actual 'attack' from 'Kilkenny' was

"And as thrown-in at Croke Park approaches, Kilkenny have responded through former GAA president Nickey Brennan and former attacking star Eddie Keher.

Brennan described Cusack's comments about Kilkenny as "ungracious" and "totally unnecessary" while Keher claimed that he would not touch the 'keeper's book "with a forty foot pole."

f**king pathetic is what the independent is.

Nicky Brennan wrote that AZ in his column in the Kilkenny local paper. Then it gets sold to the nationals and they blow it up. This is not by chance- they want kilkenny going into this game with a bit of bittnerness. Be under no illusions Kilkenny want to finish off this Cork team once and for all tomorrow. Of that much I'm sure. Whether it happens is another thing.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2010, 10:52:01 AM
Did anyone see the indo today? Talk about making a story out of nothing. The headline was 'Ungracious Donal Óg gets both barrells from Kilkenny'.

The opening paragraph read... 'CORK goalkeeper Donal Óg Cusack was hit with a double-barrelled assault from Kilkenny last night ahead of next Sunday's grudge All-Ireland SHC semi-final.'

I was thinking, jaysus, that's not like them taking potshots before the game. So I went looking at quotes from Cody, Shefflin, Hickey, Walsh, anyone.

Nope.

This is what it was.

"And as thrown-in at Croke Park approaches, Kilkenny have responded through former GAA president Nickey Brennan and former attacking star Eddie Keher.

Brennan described Cusack's comments about Kilkenny as "ungracious" and "totally unnecessary" while Keher claimed that he would not touch the 'keeper's book "with a forty foot pole."

Nicky Brennan wrote that AZ in his column in the Kilkenny local paper. Then it gets sold to the nationals and they blow it up. This is not by chance- they want kilkenny going into this game with a bit of bittnerness. Be under no illusions Kilkenny want to finish off this Cork team once and for all tomorrow. Of that much I'm sure. Whether it happens is another thing.

I thought it funny that Donal Óg would think of it an insult to describe the KK hurlers as 'Stepford wives' - a bunch of dedicated players who put their head down and worry only about winning, not about player liason reps and the influence of their role, how the KK CB fund the preparation of all county teams at all levels, how much of a cut the KK players are getting from XYZ.

I've yet to read a single article from Noel Hickey or 'Cha' over the course of their playing career lecturing us on their preparations or how much of a team they are etc.

I've yet to read a single complaint from KK player about being 'stuck in a bank' when there are 450k people on the dole, while you're earning 250k per annum from your GAA profile.

I hope to see Liam going to pastures new this September (hopefully Waterford) but I have to take my hat off to this KK team who never lost the run of themselves and were an example to all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 07, 2010, 07:39:14 AM
Can't wait for tomorrow to go see the Cats in action again.  Maybe some of the football counties who are complaining about lack of match practice when they win their Provincial Final should take a leaf out of Kilkennys book and put out two teams in training and do more ball work instead of pricking around with weights and fancy ideas. I am still going for a Kilkenny win and I think Noel Hickey will be well able to make the area around the square his own again and give a MOM performance which he will need to do against that big awkward looking O'Halpin.  Cat's v Waterford in Final with Waterford to scrape through is what I think !!

Cody takes his team to Nolan Park when the clocks go forward and has the simple task of throwing in the ball. he has reserves that he calls upon should some of his panel are injured just so that he has 15 on 15!! Cha marking Rice, Brennan being marked by Dalton, Henry being marked by Hickey, and Walsh marking Larkin. some craic i'd imagine.

i must make the trip down some Spring to watch these 'games'

as for all this talk about finishing this Cork team, i don't think Cody gives a flying Fcuk. what Cork do is their business and he is only concerned with beating the next team and winning All Irelands. Kilkenny's reign will eventually end for a period and Cork or Tipp will come strong

whats the Kilkenny team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on August 07, 2010, 11:33:21 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2010, 10:52:01 AM

Nope.

This is what it was.

I thought it funny that Donal Óg would think of it an insult to describe the KK hurlers as 'Stepford wives' - a bunch of dedicated players who put their head down and worry only about winning, not about player liason reps and the influence of their role, how the KK CB fund the preparation of all county teams at all levels, how much of a cut the KK players are getting from XYZ.

I've yet to read a single article from Noel Hickey or 'Cha' over the course of their playing career lecturing us on their preparations or how much of a team they are etc.

I've yet to read a single complaint from KK player about being 'stuck in a bank' when there are 450k people on the dole, while you're earning 250k per annum from your GAA profile.

I hope to see Liam going to pastures new this September (hopefully Waterford) but I have to take my hat off to this KK team who never lost the run of themselves and were an example to all.

I struggle to see anything there I'd disagree with.

Asal Mor

Isn't Eddie Keher very sensitive? For a man who was one of the greatest forwards of all time, would have have taken savage belts and broken plenty of bones on the hurling field ( I assume), he seems awful put out by an observation that's just barely offensive. Also I think he should probably read the book before he goes slagging it off in the media.

Reillers

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 07, 2010, 01:47:44 PM
Isn't Eddie Keher very sensitive? For a man who was one of the greatest forwards of all time, would have have taken savage belts and broken plenty of bones on the hurling field ( I assume), he seems awful put out by an observation that's just barely offensive. Also I think he should probably read the book before he goes slagging it off in the media.

Not crazy about what Brennan said, as an ex president? A bit out of line. Strange that they've both come out speaking up like that, it's not like Kilkenny to be mouthing off. Never mind the fact that neither have read the book, where they can easily take things out of context.

Never have I looked forward to and dread a match so much, at the same time. Part of me feels that it's a done deal, no question, we'll loose, and I'm dreading it. Another part of me feels that somehow we might just dig out a result, and give one fuckin momumental performance. There's no question about it, no matter the odds, these lads will die in their boots in an attempt to stop Kilkenny. They'll thrive on being this written off, and they'll put themselves on the line to stop them, do just about anything..whether that'll be enough, time will tell.

A few rumours about that the Cork line up wont start as is, up front that is. Rumour has it that Cussen wont start, that Cian McCarthy will start instead, a lot or rumours, might be nothing more than typical pre match talk, but we'll have to see.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on August 07, 2010, 06:59:51 PM

Not crazy about what Brennan said, as an ex president? A bit out of line. Strange that they've both come out speaking up like that, it's not like Kilkenny to be mouthing off. Never mind the fact that neither have read the book

Nicky Brennan told me personally that he read the book and it was a good insight into Donal Óg after being on the opposite side of the table to him often enough - don't know where you've established neither read it. More Reillersland bullshi*

INDIANA

Kilkenny need some bitterness going into tomorrow's game. I'm 100% sure this is all stage managed. Kilkenny can finish off this Cork team tomorrow which means they won't have to worry about them for a while. Kilkenny look better this year then last and are going to unleash hell tomorrow in Croker. That I can guarantee.

Heard they have been knocking seven shades of shite out of each other in Nowlan Park. One particular training game Cody more or less tossed away the whistle and their were 4-5 physios attending to players all at the one time at one stage. They want this 5 in a row bad. Every ounce of work done in the last 4 years will be wiped away tomorrow if Cork beat them. the chance of history will be gone and  they'll never be able to show their faces in kilkenny again if their biggest rivals stop them from creating history.

I know a number of well connected people down there and the general perception of kilkenny taking this lightly is bullshit. They've said kilkenny are preparing for this game if its the biggest game of their careers. Cody has said to them they had to win 4 all-ireland finals to win the all-ireland this year. They've demolished their prior two opponents and they ain't going to take pity on Cork tomorrow if the opportunity presents itself tomorrow to demolish Cork.

Its up to Cork to stop them. Maybe they can but I don't envy their chances of doing so.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on August 07, 2010, 07:33:28 PM
Quote from: Reillers on August 07, 2010, 06:59:51 PM

Not crazy about what Brennan said, as an ex president? A bit out of line. Strange that they've both come out speaking up like that, it's not like Kilkenny to be mouthing off. Never mind the fact that neither have read the book

Nicky Brennan told me personally that he read the book and it was a good insight into Donal Óg after being on the opposite side of the table to him often enough - don't know where you've established neither read it. More Reillersland bullshi*

Funny, because I'm 90% sure that Keher said that he wouldn't touch the book and hasn't and will never read it. As for Brennan doubt he's read it either, not like he ever made an attempt to hide his true colours. 

You just know everybody don't you.. ::) ::)