All-Ireland MFC Final 2010: Corcaigh v Tír Eoghain

Started by Farrandeelin, July 26, 2010, 04:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Main Street

offthefence

Jinxy

If I was a Cork fan I would be very annoyed that the management left it so late to bring on the big full forward.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

Fuzzman

Well done lads and yet again I missed the Cork goal

That high ball into the FF line was creating havoc

Bogball XV

once a again a ref makes a hames of the time-keeping.  Tyrone got their last point at 59.14 the match restarts at 60.45 and he plays 2 mins 23 secs??  He had already signalled for the 2 mins before that stoppage, wtf do they not take account of it??

ardmhachaabu

Congrats to Tyrone minors.  I feel for the Cork lads , they all bust a gut in the last quarter
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Uladh

Amazing so many cork players who take their own point with an overlap for a goal on.

To play 2 mins of injury time in that second half is inept.

Maguire01

Great finish to that game - great comeback from Cork and Tyrone were well rattled.

INDIANA

better team won. Cant believe tyrone nearly lost. 6-7 points a better team easy. Tyrone manager made too many stupid subs when there was no need. Nearly paid for it. Cant understand why managers do that.

Tyrone had a system. Cork had none. that was the difference. Spillane can prattle on about traditional football. But 15 v 15 iman to man is over.

mountainboii

Definitely should've been another minute or two at the end there with the ref's arseing about.

That Tyrone minor team reminded me of our own from last year with the way they could dominate opponents and run up big leads, only to stop inexplicably and almost get caught in the end. Would have doubts if that Cork team was even in the top 5 in the country for talent this year, but they had some balls to keep coming back like that.

barelegs

To be honest I think Tyrone just about shaded that over the 60 minutes. While the referee may be criticised for the amount of time he added on (probably justifiably), he was instrumental in getting Cork back into the match in the first half with a number of soft frees. Tyrone struggled under the high balls at the end and I'd say Cork will wish they'd went to that tactic sooner.

Ended 1-13 to 1-12 I think new devil