All-Ireland MFC Final 2010: Corcaigh v Tír Eoghain

Started by Farrandeelin, July 26, 2010, 04:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

f**k sake, had luck to the armagh boys
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mountainboii

Sick here. Almost want to just head straight back up the road. The way it ended was unbelievably cruel. Five minutes left  we were flat and it looked like we were gone, but then they sparked into life again and knocked over three great points in as many minutes to look like they had it wrapped up. Last attack and Cork run straight down the middle, looked like we had given away a penalty but the ref played on and in the scramble the ball just broke lovely for a Cork lad to side foot in. No luck at all. Peter Carragher understandably fading in the second half was a big factor, but high hopes for him in the next few years, he has everything.  Very proud of the lads though, the turn around from the last day was amazing. Can't help but feel that they have missed a great chance to have made a final, where we would've been much better equipped to probably have had another crack at Tyrone.

spuds

Quote from: drici on August 01, 2010, 01:21:02 PM
Armagh 0-19 Cork 3-11

Sin é.
adda doy drici you the man

drici            5
gaa hunter 0 
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Cosmo Kramer

Tyrone comfortable favourites for the title.

Tyrone     8/11
Cork         7/2
Galway      4/1
Mayo        9/2
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

muppet

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on August 01, 2010, 04:00:30 PM
Tyrone comfortable favourites for the title.

Tyrone     8/11
Cork         7/2
Galway      4/1
Mayo        9/2

Are Mayo's odds the worst simply because they play Tyrone next?
MWWSI 2017

Cosmo Kramer

Yes although we beat Galway, they seem to have an easier path to a final. Tyrone seem to be the standout team this year.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Rma13

Not long home from Croker, long day out!  Totally gutted by the result in our match, as stated earlier Armagh were the better team, but the old saying is true, goals win matches & unfortunately we shipped 3 today, the last one being the killer, obviously.  I have to say I was very proud of how the boys played & their commitment throughout the entire game after they were so comprehensively beaten in the Ulster Final.  Luck was not on our side today otherwise we'd be facing the prospect of an All Ireland Semi Final  :'(

Many thanks to the management & the panel for a lot of happy days out this year.

omagh_gael

Is there anywhere showing highlights of the Minor Games?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 02, 2010, 01:05:02 PM
Is there anywhere showing highlights of the Minor Games?

TG4 usually does on a monday night... about 8pm.

drici

02-08-10
TG4
8-00pm

Mayo v Offaly
Galway v Longford
Cork v Armagh

omagh_gael

Quote from: drici on August 02, 2010, 03:04:10 PM
02-08-10
TG4
8-00pm

Mayo v Offaly
Galway v Longford
Cork v Armagh

Cheers. No Tyrone v Kerry though?

Shrewdness

After losing the last 2 finals, can Mayo now make it third time lucky?

What do the Mayo lads think?

drici

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 02, 2010, 06:48:27 PM
Quote from: drici on August 02, 2010, 03:04:10 PM
02-08-10
TG4
8-00pm

Mayo v Offaly
Galway v Longford
Cork v Armagh

Cheers. No Tyrone v Kerry though?

As above and Tyrone v Kerry has been added.

Just started.
Mayo on first.
Tyrone v Kerry
Galway v Longford
Cork v Armagh

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 02, 2010, 07:45:45 PM
After losing the last 2 finals, can Mayo now make it third time lucky?

What do the Mayo lads think?

Realistically I doubt it. Saying that I wouldn't entirely rule out an upset v Tyrone in semi. It s a team capable of a scoring surge without necessarily ever looking in control of a game. We re not as good as 08. Not as resilient and a few lads while talented are prone to the odd howler. A couple lads have to play in positions they not entirely have a good command of. Maybe over dependant on O Connor as well. Still top 4 three years in a row good going.

sam03/05

Tyrone look very impressive so far, but does anyone know what has happened Liam Gervin, he has yet to feature for them (apart from 5 min spell against Down) and is probably the most talented player in the squad.
I take it he is injured? Would be some addition to the squad for semi final/ final. a bit like McNabb in 2008 when he came back for the final.