Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

8 teams left.
Mayo v Offaly
Longford v Galway
Tyrone v Kerry
Cork v Armagh.

When are these games going ahead?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

I hear the Connacht Leinster games both in the Hyde Saturday .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Offaly versus Mayo is this Saturday at 12.30 I think in the Hyde.

anportmorforjfc

Tyrone v Kerry Sat 12pm Croke Park
Armagh v Cork Sun 12pm Croke Park

Farrandeelin

Next question... Who'll win them! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

DoireGael

The tyrone lads racked up a big score against Armagh, saw the Armagh boys in the first round against Derry and apart from the last 5 were very impressive.

mountainboii

I'd expect Tyrone to come through their match. They were very impressive in the Ulster final.

I'll head to see Armagh more in hope, though. They've been poor in their last two games. Maybe if they can rediscover some of their earlier form they'll do something, but a couple of key players will have to find their form and Carragher will have to be fit and flying.

clarshack

hopefully kerry minors havent improved any from last year. thought they were very poor.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: clarshack on July 26, 2010, 08:38:07 PM
hopefully kerry minors havent improved any from last year. thought they were very poor.

Arguable the worst team we played all year actually. Think Kerry have an excellent quarter final record though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

PatDaly

Quote from: AFS on July 26, 2010, 08:30:43 PM

I'll head to see Armagh more in hope, though. They've been poor in their last two games. Maybe if they can rediscover some of their earlier form they'll do something, but a couple of key players will have to find their form and Carragher will have to be fit and flying.

Any word on Peter Carragher? Has he recovered from his injury yet? Would at least like Armagh minors to give a good account of themselves after the Ulster final embarrassment.

orange2009

Paul McShane speaks to Orchard TV before Armagh take on Cork in All-Ireland Quarter Final

http://armagh-gaa.com/Orchard-TV/News/VIDEO--Paul-McShanes-weighs-up-Armagh-s-chance-aga.aspx

SuperDooperCooper

Not much expected from the minors on saturday. They are without their best defender and best forward.
We should have won the Munster final but in truth it was a terrible game in windy conditions.
Kerry are a small but skillful side which could perform well in Croke Park but in all honesty we will be travelling in hope rather than expectation.
Like the seniors, the minors have never lost a QF included in this was a QF win over an unbeatable Tyrone side in '07.

Qwerty28

Very unpredictable age group, esp if you look at Longford losing to Offaly by 22 points, then going on to beat them in Leinster final by 6! Great win that day, will have their work cut out to beat Galway but fingers crossed they can progress to the semis and another big day in Croker

omagh_gael

Anybody aware of who meets who in the SF?

Does it follow the senior draw as in ulster winners game (Tyrone v Kerry) play Connacht winners game (Mayo v Offaly) in the semi?

Edit: Have just noticed the draw on the ulster minor thread

SF's: (Tyrone v Kerry) v (Mayo v Offaly) and (Armagh v Cork) v (Galway v Longford)

moysider

Hmmm. Last September I predicted that Mayo would lose 3 AI minor finals in a row. It looks like a Tyrone-Cork final going on all known form.