Patrick Kielty is not Funny

Started by Hereiam, July 26, 2010, 10:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Seen a bit of him on channel 4 last nite. Used to think he was funny but after seein him last night he made me cringe. The material was mostly about the pope "kiddie fiddlers" priests etc. I must be gettin old or something but this wasn't funny at all.

thewobbler

Paddy was the funniest man who ever told a story about the troubles. He had a real niche in political humour, and a great ability to cut the sh1te out of all the associated clowns without really offending them.

It has to be said though, he's as funny as AIDS when he talks about anything else.

Clown

He's a sell out, cracking jokes about catholics and the Pope flat out on that show on Friday night

one of those who forgets his roots once he gets a bit of fame

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Clown on July 26, 2010, 11:06:11 AM
He's a sell out, cracking jokes about catholics and the Pope flat out on that show on Friday night

Daft post. Is he only allowed to tell jokes about themmuns? Kielty was good at his particular brand of troubles humour. Post-troubles he hasn't been very funny at all - having said that I like him as a tv personality.

Doogie Browser

He is hit and miss sometimes but as usual a lot of people over here love having a pop at the local boy done good.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 26, 2010, 01:15:25 PM
He is hit and miss sometimes but as usual a lot of people over here love having a pop at the local boy done good.
He isn't helped by being from Down.

JMohan

I've never thought him that funny

The kiddy fiddling stuff is far to easy also, low level humour really

takeyourownpath

hit and miss, should've known channel 4 would've turned him low-brow

pintsofguinness

He's almost as painful as yon hyperactive p***k Tommy Tiernan. 

He was funny at the beginning, mainly on the troubles but turned in to a right dose.  I can't stand the way he stops half way through a "joke" to laugh himself - similar to Tiernan.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

He's on BBC Radio 2 for Ross and totally unprepared, trying too hard, rambling and just, I'm sorry, past it.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

mannix

a lot of the northern crowd dont laugh anyway, very serious people from what i see of them.

Leg End

he tells a few jokes about the pope and he has forgotten his roots. Wind yer neck in. Ok it may be a sensitive subject to some and some may not find it funny but one show doesn't define him as a comedian. He is very good at what he does and can be very funny off the cuff in the likes of chat shows were he and other celebs are interviewed. Seen his stand-up show before and was very good. Seen him in the one man play ' a night in november' which was a class show which was made even better because of him. I'm not saying there ain't better out there but hate when people just say things for the sake of it. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and he is not everyones cup of tea. How can someone say he's forgotten his roots without even knowing anything about him. It's madness.
we're here for a good time, not a long time

fitzroyalty

Paddy Kielty forgot his roots?? Was he not back at his home club for RTE last year, he was also standing in front of me at the Down/Armagh league game in Newry in the NFL earlier this season.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Leg End on July 26, 2010, 11:42:50 PM

he tells a few jokes about the pope and he has forgotten his roots. Wind yer neck in. Ok it may be a sensitive subject to some and some may not find it funny but one show doesn't define him as a comedian. He is very good at what he does and can be very funny off the cuff in the likes of chat shows were he and other celebs are interviewed. Seen his stand-up show before and was very good. Seen him in the one man play ' a night in november' which was a class show which was made even better because of him. I'm not saying there ain't better out there but hate when people just say things for the sake of it. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and he is not everyones cup of tea. How can someone say he's forgotten his roots without even knowing anything about him. It's madness.

relative 8) 8) 8)