What do you remember about the last recession ?

Started by seafoid, July 23, 2010, 04:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

The excitement of geting a new TV for the 1990 world cup

seafoid

Quote from: thebigfella on November 30, 2010, 04:36:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 30, 2010, 03:23:33 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 30, 2010, 03:12:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 29, 2010, 04:44:01 PM
There was no shite about lifestyle parishes either. Killimordaly was as good as Clarinbridge back in the 80s.
Better actually as they won the county championship one time.
People didn't tend to lose the run of themselves .

Skiing holidays?

There is nothing special about skiing for people who live near the mountains.

Wouldn't be classed as a holiday then? Also the last time I checked there wasn't a world class skiing resort in the Mourne's that had people from abroad flocking to every winter.

I don't live in the Mournes.  I live in Switzerland. if you want posh in Switz you need a yacht.

ardal

Arriving home and seeing the "Welcome Home" sign / or was it made out of hedges, at Dublin airport and believing it. A week later heading back and holding back the tears at the same sign. Home was a lot different then, not sure I was ever comfortable calling it home during the celtic tiger years.

seafoid

Quote from: ardal on November 30, 2010, 08:13:39 PM
Arriving home and seeing the "Welcome Home" sign / or was it made out of hedges, at Dublin airport and believing it. A week later heading back and holding back the tears at the same sign. Home was a lot different then, not sure I was ever comfortable calling it home during the celtic tiger years.

There was always something strange about the Celtic Tiger. All you needed was a bank loan and some vision. And why not build a shopping centre in the middle of nowhere. 

Peter Solan the Great

Jesus it seems the last recession was horrible. This isnt too bad my dad still gives me 250 a week spending money for Uni and I work part time too so take home 400-450 a week.

seafoid

Willie Joe Padden

hats flags and headbands

furry caps

crepe paper caps that would run if it rained as it always did

Harry's in Kinnegad

tyssam5

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 01, 2010, 07:25:07 PM
Jesus it seems the last recession was horrible. This isnt too bad my dad still gives me 250 a week spending money for Uni and I work part time too so take home 400-450 a week.

Seriously? How does he expect you to graduate with all that money to drink every week?

muppet

Quote from: tyssam5 on December 01, 2010, 09:06:50 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 01, 2010, 07:25:07 PM

Seriously? How does he expect you to graduate with all that money to drink every week?

He has been there since the last recession.
MWWSI 2017