Would you claim without injury?

Started by supersarsfields, July 21, 2010, 02:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were involved in an accident and was not injured would you still consider claiming for injury?

yes
no

supersarsfields

Was just wondering about the above.

Me personally I wouldn't. I'd always believe that you'd never get good luck for doing it and don't honestly think I could enjoy the money if I did. And for a long time I thought that this would have been the majority of people's views.
But through work and other ways it seems that I'm nearly in the minority. Some people seem to think that if they've been involved in an accident then it's their right to claim injury regardless of whether there is injury or not.

So just an open and honest question to see what people think? Some people's view are that their claiming of a company and that it's nothing to them so why not?

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Lone Shark

This got put to the test a few weeks ago in a small bump when I was driving the good lady's car and I'd never dream of it. I'd have no compunction about getting the car fixed by a reputable professional rather than try and do it on the cheap as if it happened due to my own mistake, but certainly no interest in pretending I was hurt to get money out of it.

Banana Man

I personally wouldn't as there'd be no luck with it but the country is full the 'compensation culture' it's why insurance is through the roof and red tape has gone mad

reminds me of a discussion about trying to get a bouncy castle cancelled at a local sports day due to health and safety concerns, whole thing is getting out of hand

AZOffaly

Absolutely not. We've all seen people who've 'worn the collar' to get a few bob, but in my opinion it's no better than theft.

winsamsoon

If you were recently on holidays and had fallen into the pool in the appartments "sober", breaking your nose and receiving three stitches would you claim?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

AZOffaly

Claim for what? A broken nose and a few stitches? Nope. I'd say I was an awful ape, sober or drunk, and try to stay away from empty pools.

If you invaded the pitch on Croke Park, slipped and got trampled on, breaking a wrist. Would you claim?

NAG1

who said the pool was empty?  :D

Anyone claiming for an injury while taking part in a pitch invasion in Croker should be sent the lifetime ban in the same envelope as the cheque.

Is it any word with all those ridiculous ads on the TV every day compensation lawyers for you etc sickens my happiness!

gerrykeegan

Years ago I knocked a young lad down on a bike. The bike was wrecked and he went over the bonnet of my car. All my fault and the f**ker coming in the opposite direction who waved me on. Anyway I picked him up off the ground he was a bit shaky and he opened his month, a bleedin dub howayaa, I immediately assumed compo claim. I dropped him home somewhere In Talllaght. The following day I got the dreaded call, his bike was wrecked and he wanted a new one. His was a piece of shit but he wanted say 150 punt. I happily bought it for him and never heard from him again. Made me think twice about judging people by where they are from.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

screenexile

Was in a bang there last week and due to my financial situation I'd be a liar if I didn't say I considered it. Me and the girlfriend were sore after the incident but as I said at the time it was aches and pains kinda stuff and nothing worse than how I'd feel a few days after a tough training session.

I'm not claiming but I am using the threat of claiming to try and get the bastards to give us a decent price for the Girlfriends car. I was absolutely amazed by the amount of people who said I should claim because "Insurance companies are robbin bastards". Yeah well the reason for that is because people like you are claiming 20 grand for a stiff neck you d*ck!!

Maguire01

I wouldn't. And didn't. Although the driver who caused the (relatively minor) accident didn't accept liability for months and tried to claim for injury off my insurance. Nobody was even slightly hurt. He got nowhere in the end (and conceded liability), but it pissed me off at the time.

Puckoon

Quote from: screenexile on July 21, 2010, 04:16:17 PM
Was in a bang there last week and due to my financial situation I'd be a liar if I didn't say I considered it. Me and the girlfriend were sore after the incident but as I said at the time it was aches and pains kinda stuff and nothing worse than how I'd feel a few days after a tough training session.

I'm not claiming but I am using the threat of claiming to try and get the b**tards to give us a decent price for the Girlfriends car. I was absolutely amazed by the amount of people who said I should claim because "Insurance companies are robbin b**tards". Yeah well the reason for that is because people like you are claiming 20 grand for a stiff neck you d*ck!!

To be fair - that is not the only reason. They are robbing bastards never the less.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 21, 2010, 02:36:41 PM
Not a chance. Low action.

What happend if it was a British Army Jeep  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 21, 2010, 02:43:10 PM
Absolutely not. We've all seen people who've 'worn the collar' to get a few bob, but in my opinion it's no better than theft.

It is theft. No way.

I would be everything I hate if I did that.
MWWSI 2017