Limerick V Cork

Started by Zulu, July 20, 2010, 05:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 25, 2010, 09:36:16 AM
A few tasty elbows too for the CCCC to have a look at, if they can be bothered.
A few accidental I saw - can't remember anything more than that.

johnpower

Quote from: Canalman on July 25, 2010, 10:39:37 AM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 25, 2010, 09:36:16 AM
Poor game but exciting at the end and the Langers stumble along, a bit like ourselves last year, have they a good performance in them  yet? Dissapointed for Limerick they had Cork for the taking only could not finish them off with some poor tactics.

A few tasty elbows too for the CCCC to have a look at, if they can be bothered.

Any gouging /fishhooking/ interfering with referee/ feigning injuries etc sighted by you at the game KerryMike?

No groping of privates .(just to keep the list complete )

INDIANA

No justice in the world at times for Limerick. What does a team have to do to get a break?. You can talk about styles etc but on the law of bloody averages you'd expect to get a break somewhere. Feel really sorry for them.

SuperDooperCooper

1. The better team won; Cork have better footballers and should have the game closed out well before the penalty. Limerick did not play as well as they did in the Munster final.
2. I hope Mr Hughes doesn't get a game again this summer after the decision on the penalty in the first half, to give a free out was criminal; I just don't rate him as a ref, he is frustrating at a game, he is likely to let an elbow to the face go then give a free for someone brining the ball two inces forward.
3. The game was awful, actually the three game were muck yesterday but Limerick v Cork kept the interest until the end due to the score.
4. Write Cork off at your peril remember '09 (Kerry v Longford; Sligo & Antrim) '08 Tyrone v Mayo; '07 Kerry v Monaghan; '06 Kerry v Cork Munsfer final replay. The object of these game is to get through them, Cork are in the hat tomorrow and I do not want to draw them.
5. I have to agree with Kerry Mike - the CCCC should be reviewing the game; some of the Cork hits were high to me - especially one from Nicholas Murphy but if a head butt and a hurley to the 'lower regions' were not reviewed last week them Cork have nothing to fear.

Roll on next weekend....

Maguire01

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2010, 12:04:14 PM
No justice in the world at times for Limerick. What does a team have to do to get a break?. You can talk about styles etc but on the law of bloody averages you'd expect to get a break somewhere. Feel really sorry for them.
They definitely should have had at least one penalty. Although even with that, i'm not sure they'd have won.

INDIANA

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 25, 2010, 01:05:53 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2010, 12:04:14 PM
They definitely should have had at least one penalty. Although even with that, i'm not sure they'd have won.

Had they caught the kickout after the equaliser. I think they would have done it. Game was lost on the line.
Limerick have 6/7 absolutely outstanding footballers that would grace any team in the country.

Zulu

Quote from: Hardy on July 24, 2010, 07:32:55 PM
Muppet Marty - "touched along the ground". Not a clue about the rules. Carney as well. You can play the ball away on the ground when you fall in possession. I resent these hoors putting out their hands to be paid for this shite.

I agree 100% and we deserve more.

Main Street

Great spirited attitude in the Limerick team and some excellent footballers. I don't know what tactics a 4th div team can employ to beat a team like Cork but I thought Limerick played the game that gave them the best advantage. Cork just had too much strength in depth.
Tough on a good team who have obviously worked hard, to first have to play Kerry and then Cork.

AZOffaly

One other thing, if Ger Collins kicked those frees off the ground, he'd have scored at least two more of them. That's awful frustrating.

lynchbhoy

hard to see Cork suddenly finding form and winning the AI after their last couple of games.
But as long as you have the talent they have, you have a chance.
Cork are far too slow in going forward withthe ball once they win it in defence or midfield.
they allow their opponents back to get behind the balland defend.
Cork take the wrong option far too often in both passing and shooting in the final third of the field.
Cork not playing as a team.
The rebels looked better for having Derek kavanagh at midfield imo. Smarter player than the other three lads that usually line out there.
Cork dont play with enough pace an dont play with any intelligence.
If they cannot address these , they wont be in the reckoning this year.
they have the talent and if they did address these problems they could dominate football for a few years. Counihan not looking like the man to lead them to glory. the next few weeks is the time for Cork to show us what they are made of.
As Joe Hayes said - 'its not looking good Babs'

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hardy on July 24, 2010, 07:32:55 PM
Muppet Marty - "touched along the ground". Not a clue about the rules. Carney as well. You can play the ball away on the ground when you fall in possession. I resent these hoors putting out their hands to be paid for this shite.
I was shouting at the telly over that myself!

Jinxy

I think the way Cork play the game requires a lot in terms of motivation and attitude.
Lots of hard running, coming onto the ball at pace and closing down the opposition in their own half.
If they aren't mentally right, they can't play that game effectively.
Pearse O'Neill for example looks frighteningly out of form compared to last years vintage.
He actually gets in the way out there.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

shawshank

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on July 25, 2010, 01:05:15 PM
1. The better team won; Cork have better footballers and should have the game closed out well before the penalty. Limerick did not play as well as they did in the Munster final.
2. I hope Mr Hughes doesn't get a game again this summer after the decision on the penalty in the first half, to give a free out was criminal; I just don't rate him as a ref, he is frustrating at a game, he is likely to let an elbow to the face go then give a free for someone brining the ball two inces forward. 3. The game was awful, actually the three game were muck yesterday but Limerick v Cork kept the interest until the end due to the score.
4. Write Cork off at your peril remember '09 (Kerry v Longford; Sligo & Antrim) '08 Tyrone v Mayo; '07 Kerry v Monaghan; '06 Kerry v Cork Munsfer final replay. The object of these game is to get through them, Cork are in the hat tomorrow and I do not want to draw them.
5. I have to agree with Kerry Mike - the CCCC should be reviewing the game; some of the Cork hits were high to me - especially one from Nicholas Murphy but if a head butt and a hurley to the 'lower regions' were not reviewed last week them Cork have nothing to fear.

Roll on next weekend....

I thought that Hughes was so poor, how was it not highlighted more on the Sunday game. Apart from the obvious penalty, he gave so many yellow cards i was almost expecting a players to hit him out of pure frustration. What a tube of a ref!!!!